The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rear End Sway- Problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado
Howdy all. I picked up a 2017 GT350R a few weeks ago and man, its so good. After having multiple high performance cars (Porsche's mainly) the rear end of the car, under load through a corner, feels very wrong and unstable. Not a loosing traction and going into oversteer type scenario, almost like the rear end of the car is swaying and/or walking. I haven't gotten it out to the track yet, but on the road (highway interchanges, and some, not all corners) the rear end of the car feels very unsettled, in a dangerous way. Its to the point where I've pulled over and made sure that there isn't a loose wheel or suspension component. I understand that these cars tramline pretty hard, and with the track alignment on the car, I get that can be exaggerated on anything less than perfect pavement, but has anyone else experienced this? I'm on PS4's right now 305/315 staggered. The car was set up by the previous owner so not sure of alignment spec's but definitely in the -3 range up front (unsure of rear). It does have camber plates but after looking over the car, all other suspension components are stock. Is it grooved pavement or expansion cracks that could be causing this sensation? All components (bushings/bolts) are fine and torqued as needed. Am I going crazy? As mentioned, I can take some corners and this thing is like a go cart, but others its just extremely unsettled and feels dangerous. Thoughts?

Howdy all. I picked up a 2017 GT350R a few weeks ago and man, its so good. After having multiple high performance cars (Porsche's mainly) the rear end of the car, under load through a corner, feels very wrong and unstable. Not a loosing traction and going into oversteer type scenario, almost like the rear end of the car is swaying and/or walking. I haven't gotten it out to the track yet, but on the road (highway interchanges, and some, not all corners) the rear end of the car feels very unsettled, in a dangerous way. Its to the point where I've pulled over and made sure that there isn't a loose wheel or suspension component. I understand that these cars tramline pretty hard, and with the track alignment on the car, I get that can be exaggerated on anything less than perfect pavement, but has anyone else experienced this? I'm on PS4's right now 305/315 staggered. The car was set up by the previous owner so not sure of alignment spec's but definitely in the -3 range up front (unsure of rear). It does have camber plates but after looking over the car, all other suspension components are stock. Is it grooved pavement or expansion cracks that could be causing this sensation? All components (bushings/bolts) are fine and torqued as needed. Am I going crazy? As mentioned, I can take some corners and this thing is like a go cart, but others its just extremely unsettled and feels dangerous. Thoughts?
Sounds like something is loose or a bushing is bad to me. I say this because of the inconsistency in your problem.

TMO Supporting Vendors