The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 AJ Hartman Aero's GT350 Build Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

Its crunch time to get ready for the wind tunnel with this car. I think we have 38 runs planned? But anyway, like all my wind tunnel stuff, I'll post the video when we go. If you want to get caught up on previous wind tunnel stuff, heres the link. While getting parts on the car I thought this side by side was pretty cool. All our CFD was done by JKF Aero, better known as Kyle.Engineers on youtube, who worked at Mercedes F1 for a few years. We will be getting baseline runs on the car with the factory GT350R aero, and then working through our list testing all sorts of parts and setups. We will only be doing our single element wings this trip since we will only be testing our "small" splitter option at the moment.

Untitled design.png

I may have missed it, but are you designing these pieces around a class specific rule set?
Yes. We had some criteria during the design phase that centered around NASA's American Iron rules, which would also fit in GTA's Street class and GridLifes Street Mod classes, and we also had stuff to fit in the much more broad NASA's ST class rules as well. Since we make all the parts in house, we can customize stuff to an extent to fit in other classes as well.

Its crunch time to get ready for the wind tunnel with this car. I think we have 38 runs planned? But anyway, like all my wind tunnel stuff, I'll post the video when we go. If you want to get caught up on previous wind tunnel stuff, heres the link. While getting parts on the car I thought this side by side was pretty cool. All our CFD was done by JKF Aero, better known as Kyle.Engineers on youtube, who worked at Mercedes F1 for a few years. We will be getting baseline runs on the car with the factory GT350R aero, and then working through our list testing all sorts of parts and setups. We will only be doing our single element wings this trip since we will only be testing our "small" splitter option at the moment.

View attachment 70445
So pumped for all this!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel