The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Any Cooks Onboard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
I know that Thousand Island is the standard for Ruebens, but I use mustard (a nice spicy brown) instead. I think the bite of the mustard cuts the fattiness of the corned beef better.

For the boiled dinner, I mix the pot liquor with Colman's dry mustard to make a thin/watery slurry, let it bloom about 5 minutes, and drizzle that over everything on the plate. Really wakes up the somewhat bland cabbage and potatoes.

I always got my cornbread from the store...It dissappeared quick when Son was around............Hon wanted to make a cornbread from scratch the other day but never got around to it....Jiffy cornbread mix was my choice for many yrs.............St Patty's dinner left overs winding down.....so no corn bread this yr..............Easter in a couple of weeks...Get those menus going!!!!....I may go with Kabasi, Potato salad, Fresh Corn , if I can find it....Hard boiled eggs with Horse Radish, Of course!!!!!!!!!!!...............and a dessert that makes you happy...........Cheese cake???

Last edited:
Anybody else around here ever enjoy a Georgia Hot sandwich?? or even know what it is???...I/We did while we had a deli in town that sold them and made the Hots to order. My Boss would order a 5lb case.. extra hot...and we would have a Georgia Hot Lunch party at work!!!...They were HOT sausages that we split in half and baked at 350F for 20/25 mins ......The whole place smelled of that aroma!!!!!!!!....When the hots were done We already had the Portuguese Rolls cut and the sauerkraut, with beer and Vadalia onions ready to make your passion!!!...I added Ketchup on mine..................sue me...............................

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Well made dinner for my wife's birthday. Must admit, it turned out pretty damn good!!

1679858257337.png
Dried Porcini mushrooms and sun dried tomatos left soaking, save the water for the sauces

1679858315847.png

1679858365902.png
Roasting romanita tomatoes for extra flavor, sprinkled in brown sugar and oregano.
1679858395479.png
Dried tomatoes and mushrooms with the sautéed fresh mushrooms. Lots of buttter!

1679858445420.png
Since no proteins in the pasta, had to add some prawns for two!!!

1679858472730.png

1679858519115.png
Dinner is done!!!

1679858422356.png

Well made dinner for my wife's birthday. Must admit, it turned out pretty damn good!!

View attachment 85123
Dried Porcini mushrooms and sun dried tomatos left soaking, save the water for the sauces

View attachment 85125

View attachment 85127
Roasting romanita tomatoes for extra flavor, sprinkled in brown sugar and oregano.
View attachment 85128
Dried tomatoes and mushrooms with the sautéed fresh mushrooms. Lots of buttter!

View attachment 85130
Since no proteins in the pasta, had to add some prawns for two!!!

View attachment 85131

View attachment 85132
Dinner is done!!!

View attachment 85129
Looks wonderful! Definitely a 3 star Michelin rating.

made sloppy joes.
Never missed a one sloppy Joe meal I made!!....So sloppy I gave up the Roll and just had it in a dish..........never had a bad sloppy Joe I made............ In My Life!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hon and Son may agree................that chopped Kabasi may be the key......................the secret is out...may you all enjoy................When I made it for my Niece & Nephew-n- law, They thought it was Chili..They were from NY.......I won't dwell on that............

Comfort food. Gotta have my meat and potatoes! 10 hours in the crockpot on low. Chuck roast and reds. Literally 10 minutes prep. Mixed up a couple packs of instant onion soup mix 1/2 water what was called for, rinsed taters, chopped up a big onion, threw it on the crock and put in the fridge last night. Pulled out, plugged in set and forget.20230327_173802.jpg

"The Beast" Breakfast Bake. Making for guys weekend at camp this Saturday. Tater tot, bacon, cheese, 2 dozen eggs and 2 layers of bacon and cheese. Fried mushrooms, peppers and onions for toppings.20230328_173222.jpg20230328_173306.jpg
20230328_173048.jpg
Layer 1 started.
20230328_174805.jpg
Really for foil covered par bake. I'll freeze and pull out Friday. It's a hit every year. The sucker has to weigh 7 pounds! Edit- maxed out my kitchen scale 8+ lbs lol
20230328_182417.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody out there familiar with "Kapusta".........My Polish Mother made it with cabbage, potatoes, kabasi, carrots and other stuff.She added another meat to it that I think was pork related, but I never found out what it was.I made it with smoked turkey legs a couple times but it didn't match Mom's recipe.This may be a stab in the dark........what the heck..............

Anybody out there familiar with "Kapusta".........My Polish Mother made it with cabbage, potatoes, kabasi, carrots and other stuff.She added another meat to it that I think was pork related, but I never found out what it was.I made it with smoked turkey legs a couple times but it didn't match Mom's recipe.This may be a stab in the dark........what the heck..............
Kapusta ( cabbage in Polish) could be any dish made with cabbage. You mom may have added some good slab bacon. Remember bacon and butter make everything better!

Last edited:

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Christ, if I ate the stuff you guys are eating I'd be dead long ago. I figured I was bulletproof, could eat whatever I wanted. Then one day my brain was kind of, well, not working too good. Could hardly even do basic math. That set off a visit to my friendly local doctor who immediately recognized the symptoms of a stroke. Did some rudimentary tests and my brain function was not good, could not correctly complete some simple tests they use to determine how the brain is working. I was in serious trouble and I didn't have a clue what had happened.

That started a pile of diagnostics that found a build up of cholesterol and calcium in the carotid arteries and little chunks of this shiznit would break off and go into either my eyes or my brain. And each time it happened I would lose more and more cognitive function. Also had a couple of incidents of partial and complete black out of vision in the left eye. I'd say I'm maybe operating at 50% of what I was like 3 years ago. Seriously scary shiznit. Cost me my drivers' licence for a while, though that's since been cleared up.

So immediately onto a pile of drugs to try to reduce the cholesterol which will take years to happen and hope in the meantime I don't get a big stroke and turn into a drooling idiot in the corner. My short term memory is just terrible which is especially scary when working on the car. Did I torque that bolt? Can't remember and I just did it 5 minutes ago.

And a massive change in diet, I read the labels now and anything that's high fat/cholesterol is out. No beef or pork, chicken and fish only. Lots of greens, mostly raw. Restaurants are the worst for picking up deadly fats. I thought I was in great shape, walked 5 miles every day without fail, but even that doesn't help if you're eating too much animal fat.

It is not fun when your wife has to double check everything you do to make sure you actually did it correctly. Seriously guys, it ain't worth it. Everybody thinks it won't happen to them, we've all heard the stories about Uncle Elmer who ate an entire bull every day and lived to be 1000 years old. I was that guy.
But it will happen, it's only a matter of time. Sorry to be the wet blanket, but this leads nowhere good.

TMO Supporting Vendors