The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AP Racing BBK available for Boss 302 Front and Rear - KNS Brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KNS Brakes

Supporting Vendor
Cary NC
Front AP Kit Boss 302

Rear AP Kit Boss 302

These new Radi-CAL road calipers get there heritage from the racing Radi-CAL high performance calipers launched in motorsports in 2007, which have been dominating the likes of F1, F3, NASCAR and countless others. This new caliper design features a 2-piece aluminum body with H-structure, and a non-symmetrical design developed to have a large reduction in mass yet improved resistance to braking torque. Another benefit is increased caliper cooling surface without decreasing structural rigidity.

Radi2.jpg

Radi5.jpg

KNS Brakes

Supporting Vendor
Cary NC
neema said:
Cool. I'm curious to see how the rear calipers mount

I saw that the rear kit was more expensive than the front, I asked about it and this was the reply I got:

We have developed a full rear parking brake assembly for that setup, which includes extra costs…

Everything looks good Nick!

-Nick

KNS Brakes

Supporting Vendor
Cary NC
steveespo said:
Who makes pads for them? I like the 36mm thicknes and the 14.56" diameter front rotors. How much for replacement rings? I know lots of questions but this would be a huge investment.
Steve

Right now Ferodo is the only one who makes the pads, it is a brand new pad shape. We would have to go to Carbotech and do the same thing you did to get an exact replica of the GT500 13+ pad shape.

Looking into replacement rings now.

-Nick

steveespo said:
Who makes pads for them? I like the 36mm thicknes and the 14.56" diameter front rotors. How much for replacement rings? I know lots of questions but this would be a huge investment.
Steve
That would be a nice size that should fit 18" wheels. That extra mass should work well at dissipating heat. I was looking at a new Porsche 991 Turbo S last weekend and the front rotors were 410x36mm, Yikes!

Wont the rear AP calipers exhibit pad knock on the track? I thought that was the reason nobody wanted to produce a caliper for straight axle mustangs, except Baer brakes who offer a full-floater conversion for the rear.

KNS Brakes

Supporting Vendor
Cary NC
sadil said:
Wont the rear AP calipers exhibit pad knock on the track? I thought that was the reason nobody wanted to produce a caliper for straight axle mustangs, except Baer brakes who offer a full-floater conversion for the rear.

I do not know the reasons why no one else produces a kit for the rear on the Mustangs.

-Nick

KNS Brakes

Supporting Vendor
Cary NC
sadil said:
Apologies, I was asking if pad knock would be an issue or not at the track.

Pad knock is always a possibility when at the track.

I don't think that the straight axle has any reason to make it worse.

Here is a link that StopTech uses and it explains it pretty well.

http://stoptech.com/technical-support/technical-white-papers/pad-knockback

-Nick

TMO Supporting Vendors