The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

arp rear wheels studs - eta mid september

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just asked ARP on the eta for rear wheel studs ( ARP-100-7723 ) and they responded mid september. I have been waiting months.

So in case your desperate like I was, I have a set of moroso rear wheel studs. These will require 3 modifications to fit, please correct me if I am wrong.

1) I just ordered a 15mm and 15.5mm drill bit, I am not sure that either of these are the ideal size as the holes on the rear axle flange need to be enlarged.

2) The knurl material is about twice as long as the factory ones, and they will interfere with the rotors ( at least they will with my rotors ). So I need to use a grinder and shorten those so the knurl material doesnt protrude into the rotor mounting space.

3) I have to grind down the side of the bolt flange to clear the abs ring.

I will be experimenting with the drill bits once I get them. If anyone knows the exact dril bit required let me know. I didnt know how tight this needs to be for the knurl to work.

In the V6L
I just asked ARP on the eta for rear wheel studs ( ARP-100-7723 ) and they responded mid september. I have been waiting months.

So in case your desperate like I was, I have a set of moroso rear wheel studs. These will require 3 modifications to fit, please correct me if I am wrong.

1) I just ordered a 15mm and 15.5mm drill bit, I am not sure that either of these are the ideal size as the holes on the rear axle flange need to be enlarged.

2) The knurl material is about twice as long as the factory ones, and they will interfere with the rotors ( at least they will with my rotors ). So I need to use a grinder and shorten those so the knurl material doesnt protrude into the rotor mounting space.

3) I have to grind down the side of the bolt flange to clear the abs ring.

I will be experimenting with the drill bits once I get them. If anyone knows the exact dril bit required let me know. I didnt know how tight this needs to be for the knurl to work.
Go here and take a look at the recommendations for hole sizes and stud knurls: https://arpcatalog.com/128/

Match the knurl size from the Moroso ones you have to the ARP product that's the same and the hole size and drill (and how to do it) are all there for you.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Good luck , I called ARP three times and was told March, then May , then July ( hmmm, that's now ) and now you are being told September. Pretty easy for them to become another " ember " month in my estimation. Glad to know Ford is looking for another supplier and you might check Sponsor Capaldi Racing as they helped me get set up. Not sure of their inventory now, but would not hurt to check.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
I just received a shipping confirmation from Summit Racing. The ARP extended studs that have been back ordered since December shipped today. :)

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I have bought from both Capaldi and OP Mustang. They tell you the real deal and steer you to the right solution, even if it’s a better value for you. They are track rats who take care of track rats.
American Muscle is not an Honest Dealer. They have taken my money with the promise of delivery. 4 month later, I was waiting on the parts while they continued to delay shipment. The only way I found the new shipping dates was to go to their site. No notifications were provided. They had my money and it appeared that was all they were interested in. Service….,not so much.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I agree with TMS, as I bought from them and asked them to verify the part would fit on my car. They said they checked and double checked, yet when it did not fit, they said it was my responsibility. After 2 months I got my money back , but they told me I had to pay for return shipping since it was my error ------huh. Wrote them off for life after that bondoogle!!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
AMR is a last resort for me. I only buy from them when I have no other choice. I buy from both OP Mustang and Capaldi when it is an item they carry. I also have had good luck with Summit Racing over the last 30 years on items that they typically do not carry. I live in an area between 2 warehouses, so free ground shipping is 1-2 days. I ordered front and rear wheel studs almost a year ago when Capaldi and OP didn't have them. Summit put them on back order and did not charge me until they shipped. The fronts arrived in March and the rears are scheduled for delivery Friday. During the time they were on back order they gave me the option a couple of times to keep on back order or cancel. Since my car was down most of the summer with transmission issues I left them on back order.

I do not know if Summit received enough stock to clear the back orders and still have some available to order or not. I did check OP mustang today and they still show the rears as out of stock, but the fronts are in stock.

AMR is a last resort for me. I only buy from them when I have no other choice. I buy from both OP Mustang and Capaldi when it is an item they carry. I also have had good luck with Summit Racing over the last 30 years on items that they typically do not carry. I live in an area between 2 warehouses, so free ground shipping is 1-2 days. I ordered front and rear wheel studs almost a year ago when Capaldi and OP didn't have them. Summit put them on back order and did not charge me until they shipped. The fronts arrived in March and the rears are scheduled for delivery Friday. During the time they were on back order they gave me the option a couple of times to keep on back order or cancel. Since my car was down most of the summer with transmission issues I left them on back order.

I do not know if Summit received enough stock to clear the back orders and still have some available to order or not. I did check OP mustang today and they still show the rears as out of stock, but the fronts are in stock.
Eric, we do have our Mid-Length studs in stock

TMO Supporting Vendors