The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Nov

Barber Motorsports Park, 20-21 Nov 21

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Niceville, Fla.
Same boat. Need to get a new set soon too - Hankook R-S4, 285/35-18 is on my short list. Available only thru Hankook right now (as far as I know) for a little extra $. Hope you make the show👍

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
I found a set of Toyo R888r's in a size I can run. They should be here tomorrow. Now I need to figure out if I am going to Barber or VIR in November. I can't do both. They are a week apart and my budget is shot for the year. I haven't been to VIR, but I know several people going. I love Barber and it is 3 hours closer to home.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
We’ll have to miss it. I either broke my shifter or grenaded my transmission in the last race on Sunday at Hallett. Brand new MC is also junk. Have to swap that again.

This was a short session where brake fluid was blowing out around the cover seal and into the driver floor pan. As you can see it also provided enough lubricant to allow the throttle pedal screw to come out. This happened down a hill into a braking zone. My foot got jammed under the brake pedal and I went farming.

1634228590373.jpeg

After a twenty minute session the entire floor pan was full of brake fluid and running out the drain hole. Scary stuff. After that I filled the reservoirs and glued the cover on.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
We’ll have to miss it. I either broke my shifter or grenaded my transmission in the last race on Sunday at Hallett. Brand new MC is also junk. Have to swap that again.

This was a short session where brake fluid was blowing out around the cover seal and into the driver floor pan. As you can see it also provided enough lubricant to allow the throttle pedal screw to come out. This happened down a hill into a braking zone. My foot got jammed under the brake pedal and I went farming.

View attachment 69343

After a twenty minute session the entire floor pan was full of brake fluid and running out the drain hole. Scary stuff. After that I filled the reservoirs and glued the cover on.
Sorry to hear about the car, but at least no one was hurt. You have 5 weeks to get it back together before Barber.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Niceville, Fla.

View attachment 69343

Sorry to hear about your car woes and glad to hear you're OK. I'm sure you'll have that beast sorted and back on track shortly. Will be nearly a full field at Barber: 132 total today with 29 in I2 and 39 in I1 - with a month to go. Cheers

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Sorry to hear about your car woes and glad to hear you're OK. I'm sure you'll have that beast sorted and back on track shortly. Will be nearly a full field at Barber: 132 total today with 29 in I2 and 39 in I1 - with a month to go. Cheers
I have not run with Just Track It before. How many cars do they pack into a run group?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN

At least 40…😬

JK…🤣. I would expect at least 20-25 though.
Look at 4dMuscle's post. He said their is already 29 in I2 and 39 in I1. It looks like your at least 40 joke may not be that far off.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Georgia
I might try to make this event.
I might try to make this event.
I’m also going to barber but it is on Nov 22. I found this event with Jzilla. As you know I’m a beginner novice. After reading this I see there are several other event organizer associations. Is everyone here part of Just track it. ? If so can I join

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
No we are all not part of Just Track IT. This is the first time I will be running with them. Unlike some other track day organizers, you do not have to join or pay an annual fee. They do offer a track pass option which gives a discount from the regular price, but the price is higher than most other groups annual dues. It looks like you would have to do 3-4 events with them annually for it to be of benefit. Track day event organizers are all a bit different. I have run with some I like, some that are okay, and one that I will not run with again.

TMO Supporting Vendors