The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Biggest wheel width for Boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys, I have been researching wheels and tires for my Boss and I need some help. I want to buy some 19" F14's, but I'm trying to figure out width. I've read tons of forum posts but I'm still confused. So: what are the widest rims/tires I can run on a Boss without using spacers or any special brackets? I plan on getting boost eventually, so I need to plan accordingly.

Check the Vorschlag site. They stuff the widest wheels on our cars. With the proper offset you can fit 11" Fofgestars front and rear. Maybe wider in the rear.

Forgestar CF5 19x10 ET41 is what I have on all 4 corners of my Boss (285/35s all around). I agree with Rick - talk to Vorshlag or Paul at Howey Industries. 11" wide is no problem in back and if you go to some other forums, you will see guys running huge rears (even 335mm) with little or no problem on their S197 Mustangs.

I keep thinking about the Vorshlag 11" wheels with 305/30/19 front and 325/30/19 rear but I can't justify spending the money because I am very happy with my current setup.

I use 10.5" up front (and .5" spacer which isn't required) on stock shock mounts and 11" rear (barely). But I think CCW keep the offsets close to their vest since they're able to fit bigger wheels than most.

No luck getting a hold of Vorshlag. I'm thinking I want to run 285/30/19 with a 10" wide wheel in front and 305/30/19 with 11" wheel in rear...can I do this without suspension changes or spacers? Also, I'm lowered on T Springs if that matters

Arrabit, I have about that combo already. I have Forgestar F14 in 19 x 10 +42 and 19 x 11 +55 with 295 30 19 and 305 30 19 Michelin PSS. I needed a 1/16" spacer in the front to have 3mm clearance with the calipers and I cut down the sway bar endlink bolt on the strut.

DGRacing, are you using the 15mm H&R spacers from Blowfish racing? I am looking for feedback on going to 18 x 10.5 +47 Enkei wheels using that spacer in the front to utilize either the 305 take off slicks or a 305 NT01 and be able to rotate. I can get 18 x 10 SVE drifts for $600 shipped or a set of 18 x 10.5 Enkei and the spacers for $1800ish. The third option would be some 18 x 11's and no rotation for $1400. I guess I'm looking for feedback from someone who has started with the 18 x 10 and went wider to weigh in on if the extra cost is justified.

cp85gt said:
Arrabit, I have about that combo already. I have Forgestar F14 in 19 x 10 +42 and 19 x 11 +55 with 295 30 19 and 305 30 19 Michelin PSS. I needed a 1/16" spacer in the front to have 3mm clearance with the calipers and I cut down the sway bar endlink bolt on the strut.

DGRacing, are you using the 15mm H&R spacers from Blowfish racing? I am looking for feedback on going to 18 x 10.5 +47 Enkei wheels using that spacer in the front to utilize either the 305 take off slicks or a 305 NT01 and be able to rotate. I can get 18 x 10 SVE drifts for $600 shipped or a set of 18 x 10.5 Enkei and the spacers for $1800ish. The third option would be some 18 x 11's and no rotation for $1400. I guess I'm looking for feedback from someone who has started with the 18 x 10 and went wider to weigh in on if the extra cost is justified.

I'm using the MM 1/2" hub-centric spacer up front (18x10.5"). Effectively making my wheel span front and back square. I started 18x10 all around but to address an exit oversteer condition putting the power down I went to more rubber in back. Since Hoosier stop making the sidewall and size I use, I switched to Pirelli pzero slicks which come in many sizes and John at CCW talked me into 10.5 in front, 11 in back. So that's how all that turned out.

arabbit said:
No luck getting a hold of Vorshlag. I'm thinking I want to run 285/30/19 with a 10" wide wheel in front and 305/30/19 with 11" wheel in rear...can I do this without suspension changes or spacers? Also, I'm lowered on T Springs if that matters

Sorry, I wasn't in the shop on Friday and spent the weekend setting up CNC equipment. I think I answered your email this morning, but yes, you can run those size tires on those wheels without spacers. The only thing I'd recommend as fairly mandatory for tracking the car with that size rear wheel and tire while lowered that much would be an adjustable panhard bar or Watts link.

Yup, you answered my emails today, thank you! I'll give you guys a call here hopefully in the near future and order those wheels. I do already have an adjustable panhard rod on as well.

TMO Supporting Vendors