The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rear brake pads for racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Really like the Pagid rsl29 on the rears, they are expensive as hell but they can easily can last a season..... (maybe two??). Also used the Gloc r12, cheaper but last half as long. Always assuming you have traction control all the way off....
Gloc's wear out fast?! i just got a set.. G12 front G10 rear. ugh.. should have grabbed those stainless steel pad EBCs.

Kinda on subject. My 2012 Boss has the S550 6 piston front conversion and 2013-2014 Shelby rear rotors. I use GLoc R12 front and R8 rear with Michelin PS4S, 275/305 f/r. Sometimes on track, usually when getting into ABS the rear axle will hop violently. Seems like if I stay out of ABS, threshold braking, it doesn't do it.

What could be causing this violent hop? Is brake proportioning handled by the ABS unit or just the different brake compounds?

I'm going to make the move to 200TW tires early next year in the same sizes. Would this help the violence or make it worse???
You can also change the location of your rear control arms.. there are a couple attachment points on the rear mounts (if you have after market). This will prevent the axle from easily compressing during the ABS mode. its worth a try only takes 10min to adjust.

TMO Supporting Vendors