The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Brake lines for S550 4 piston caliper swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Nova Scotia
I’ve looked through lots of threads but can’t seem to find my answer. I’m gathering parts for the brake swap on my 07 GT to the base S550 4 piston calipers with the 14” GT500 rotors, and I’m not having any luck figuring out which stainless brake line kit I should order. Any suggestions? Pic below are the S550 calipers that are on their way.

IMG_0915.jpeg

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Canton, Michigan
Out of curiosity, why didn't you opt for the S197 4 pot? they're a plug and play ez pz swap, and there's the stainless braided line or the boss302 lines you could use.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Nova Scotia
Out of curiosity, why didn't you opt for the S197 4 pot? they're a plug and play ez pz swap, and there's the stainless braided line or the boss302 lines you could use.
Mostly cost and availability. The Boss 302 calipers aren’t as cheap as the base GT calipers on the s550, and given their uniqueness, pads are harder to find in my part of Canada. But I can always get base model S550 stuff here. And they are pretty much a bolt on fit, just need you adjust the hard line portion of the flex hose.

Goodridge stainless PN 12367 are a direct bolt on for the 6 piston brembo on an S197. The Mustang 4 pistons are basically, if not the same as 4 pot brembo. The banjo bolt thread and depth should be the same. I think I'm right but not 100% sure only know the 6 pots. Someone please confirm for this fella.

TMO Supporting Vendors