The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302 (NASA - AI) For Sale on EBay - No Reserve

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That's nicely setup but it has Eibach dampers? Is that what's allowed in AI? Don't let Gary see this. ;D

718621778_o.jpg

718613591_o.jpg

There is no spec shock or cost limitation in American Iron. I think the R2's are a good street / track damper but wouldn't think they're on par with what most top AI cars run. Or...maybe they are just better than most of us think. I'd be interested in finding out how competitive this car is/was vs the cars that might have the sach's or dynamic coilovers that come on the 302s or good set of Penske's. They might have switched out a high dollar setup and put the R2's on before they put it up for sale.

The cage is very nice...it was built from a body in white, which is what they use on the 302s/r. The body in white used in the 302r is seem welded and costs about $18k by itself.

There is a another really nice 2005 NASA Spec Iron (Mustang) race car on racingjunk.com built by Capaldi for $29,900.

ArizonaGT said:
Nah this one is "dollar intensive" enough for me. But I still like to look :)

I have a question for you, which you may choose not to answer :p

If you were to do it over again, would you build your own racecar again, or would you consider buying a built car in the 50-60k price range?

I'm just trying to get some insight so I can make better decisions in the future.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
F.D. Sako said:
I have a question for you, which you may choose not to answer :p

If you were to do it over again, would you build your own racecar again, or would you consider buying a built car in the 50-60k price range?

I'm just trying to get some insight so I can make better decisions in the future.

I couldn't afford plopping down 60-100K on a built car, so that pretty much made the decision for me right there. Plus I got to enjoy my car on the street for a couple years (while I paid it off, as well). I'm very pleased with how my car turned out, however.

TMO Supporting Vendors