The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302 owner’s kit reproduction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Glendale, AZ
Having owned multiple Boss 302s myself, and only one of those being bought new, I have been trying to track down owner’s kits. As they are no longer being produced, I contacted Ford and inquired about more being made, as there is obviously demand. They told me they won’t make any more, and they would not even point me in the direction of the company they used to make the boxes. Everything else is available through Ford Show Parts, except a numbered key chain I believe. Well, last week on the Boss 302 owners Facebook group, I made a post as I was in talks with a local print shop here in Phoenix to take my current box apart (#2290) and make a reproduction of it, as mine was in bad shape. Another member, Bryan Forry, who has been in package design since 1986, told me he already has CAD files for the box, and he would put something together. He also said he would not use the flimsy 20 point SBS, but e flute material. I don’t know what that means, but he said it will be better quality. This is just the preliminary product he came up with in a week. This won’t be a for profit venture what so ever, just a way to give the owners who either bought used and never got a kit, or who’s kit was damaged or lost, to be able to complete it should they choose to do so. You can still get the DVD and certificate from Ford, and you can buy a key chain and get it engraved as well. The books are available, but they are hard to find and pretty expensive. Either way, there is no final price on this, but should be between 20 to 50 bucks or there about. Here are some pictures of the work Bryan has done so far. Mods/admins, if I’m doing something wrong here, please correct me. If anyone has any questions, ask away please.

Just to add, Bryan is currently working on quotes to see how much it will be to get these digitally printed.

IMG_3057.jpeg

IMG_3058.jpeg

IMG_3059.jpeg

IMG_3060.jpeg

IMG_3068.jpeg

IMG_3067.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Miami, FL
I just started looking into piecing together an owner's kit for my Boss. Never considered the box though. This would definitely come in handy.

From what I can gather, the owner's kit originally came with:
  • Personalized Certificate
  • Personalized Keychain
    • Original appears to be different from the one offered on Ford Show Parts
  • Ford Remakes a Legend (DVD)
  • "From Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car" by Donald Farr (Book)
    • 2012 ISBN: 978-0760341414
    • 2013 ISBN: 978-0760345344
  • Ford Racing Performance Parts Digital Catalog
  • Pamphlets and Posters
Links:

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Glendale, AZ
I just started looking into piecing together an owner's kit for my Boss. Never considered the box though. This would definitely come in handy.

From what I can gather, the owner's kit originally came with:
  • Personalized Certificate
  • Personalized Keychain
    • Original appears to be different from the one offered on Ford Show Parts
  • Ford Remakes a Legend (DVD)
  • "From Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car" by Donald Farr (Book)
    • 2012 ISBN: 978-0760341414
    • 2013 ISBN: 978-0760345344
  • Ford Racing Performance Parts Digital Catalog
  • Pamphlets and Posters
Links:
You are correct on everything it came with. You can buy most of the stuff from either Ford Show Parts (poster, certificate, DVD), and eBay (book and key chain). Although the book is pricey and the key chain won’t be engraved. I have my kit, but the box is in rough shape. I don’t know how the previous owner destroyed it like he did. If you’re interested in the box, I’ll keep this thread updated when the guy that’s building it gets a quote on the printing cost for it.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Glendale, AZ
Ok, Bryan finished the box and sent me a sample. It is amazing quality and much sturdier and thicker than the OEM box. He also got a quote on printing the cover, and it will be $60 per unit if we get 25. I am getting two, a 12 and a 13. Any interest in this, let me know here, or head over to the Boss 302 Owner's Group on facebook. Since Bryan did this whole thing on his own, all payments will be made directly to him. Here is what the UNPRINTED final product will look like.

EDIT: Just to clarify, this is just a brand new box made from e-flute material instead of 20 pt SBS like the OEM. It will not include all the other items. Those you will have to source through Ford Show Parts of Ford Racing.

IMG_3477.JPEG

IMG_3478.JPEG

IMG_3479.JPEG

IMG_3482.JPEG

IMG_3480.JPEG

TMO Supporting Vendors