The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302 Roll Bar Kit - Available

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I would guess that Kendall's roll bar has more torsional stiffness than the LS cross brace. Hopefully I will find out soon! Not that I will be able to tell the difference though.

Guys, when selecting mounting points for your harness you might want to use the driver’s side OEM hard point.

Ford racing also uses this hard point on their race cars.

Harnessmount.png

But you may have noticed the OEM threads are 10mm and all of the available safety harness eye bolts are 7/16.

What to do? Drill and tap? Then you got a problem when / if you sell the car you can’t reinstall the 10mm bolt.

I looked high and low and called everyone in the US I could find that sold motorsports safety hardware. No luck finding a 10mm eye bolt.

Then I found these guys Grayston Engineering, they produce an FIA approved 8.8 grade 10mm eye bolt. But they are in the UK and won’t sell to you unless you are a vendor.

http://www.graystonengineering.com/

Grayston.jpg

Rightside is the 10mm eye bolt leftside is the 7/16 that is avaiable in the US.

So a few more Google searchs and I found these guys in the UK, RallyNuts they will ship to the US. Link to RallyNuts hardware page. http://www.rallynuts.com/installation-hardware/harness-eye-bolts.html

If you want to go this route, email them and have them send you an invoice for the eye bolts and shipping.

Good Luck!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel