The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Mustang Brakes In Stock at KNS Brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey KNS, got good guy pricing on two front DBA T3 4000 rotors shipped to 75033? (for a 2013 GT with Brembo front calipers)

I'd like to test if DBA rotors wear better than Centric/Powerslot when used on the track.

Thanks!

-Bob

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
I was just out that way. I was flying my helicopter cross country from Virginia back to Tennessee…flew right over the top of VIR on my way across while there was a race going on. The new pavement looks good.

On another note, do you carry Hawk HP Plus pads and if so what would they run me for a set of front and rears to my doorstep?

Thanks,

Adam

KNS Brakes

Supporting Vendor
Cary NC
Flyboygsxr said:
I was just out that way. I was flying my helicopter cross country from Virginia back to Tennessee…flew right over the top of VIR on my way across while there was a race going on. The new pavement looks good.

On another note, do you carry Hawk HP Plus pads and if so what would they run me for a set of front and rears to my doorstep?

Thanks,

Adam

PM on the way.

-Nick

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Nick
I have run the Carbotech XP-12s on the rear of my car for the last time, 3 hours track time and they are down to 2mm. I need a rear that can hold up to the heat. Please ask CT what compound will be more durable, I would like the 20s to go with the front XP24s. Can't keep spending $180 for rear pads every 2 track days. The car has 15" front Brembos and 14" rear rotor out back, Conti slicks and FRPP race ABS module. No advance track or stability control what so ever.
Steve

KNS Brakes

Supporting Vendor
Cary NC
steveespo said:
Nick
I have run the Carbotech XP-12s on the rear of my car for the last time, 3 hours track time and they are down to 2mm. I need a rear that can hold up to the heat. Please ask CT what compound will be more durable, I would like the 20s to go with the front XP24s. Can't keep spending $180 for rear pads every 2 track days. The car has 15" front Brembos and 14" rear rotor out back, Conti slicks and FRPP race ABS module. No advance track or stability control what so ever.
Steve

I'll get you a set of the rear 20's, look for my email.

-Nick

KNS Brakes

Supporting Vendor
Cary NC
steveespo said:
Nick
Steve

What is your view on the XP-20 back there?

It's not common to have the high rear pad wear at least we have not gotten that feedback before. As noted - we also suggested that high friction rear pads may not heat up enough for some users.

It is a small pad back there. Seems like there should be some caliper upgrade to get more surface area back there.

-Ken

TMO Supporting Vendors