The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Buyer/Seller Feedback

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sold an LS gauge pod to Keavdog - awesome buyer and individual - paid instantly and even kicked in a little extra when shipping costs were alot higher than expected

darreng505 Seller Feedback

I purchased his stock intake and he gave me a great deal and shipped quickly. A pleasure to deal with and highly recommended.

SVO WOODY

Cruising Southern Ontario
Canada
I purchased the Canton coolant overflow tank and JLT oil bypass filter from KRost. Perfect transaction!!!! ;D ;D ;D

SVO WOODY

Cruising Southern Ontario
Canada
I bought 2 sets of the side exhaust discs from NFSBOSS, smooth transaction, great communication and quick shipping!!

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I got BlazinBoss's Borla exhaust for a great price and in a timely fashion. Sad he no longer has the car but hope he can get back in the game soon.

Member 'furius' sold me a set of 4 Pirelli Corsa takeoffs last August, advertised as new takeoffs, when I received them the fronts were unusable by sight, now went to mount rears and they are gouged so badly they are also unusable.....dealers opinion is the seller had to of known they were trash.....did get part refund over the fronts but am out $900 on the rears.....and I have to pay to dispose of them in Canada.

Seems to be isolated experience based on other members feedback of other membets selling to each other......I definitely was taken....

since this is a seller, *and buyer*, feedback section...I'll provide a quick response and encourage 13SBY to follow up with me, directly, for any further resolution that he feels is warranted, as this is the first I've heard from him since attempting to resolve the issue initially...which I did immediately and to his, apparent, satisfaction.

I had six such sets of tires. All the tires were removed from wheels (take-off's)....and were advertised as such. All were inspected on my end by my local race shop. No issues were identified. I had one set installed on my car at a separate tire / wheel facility (separate from the race shop) because they had a more sophisticated balancing machine. No issues were identified by them either. I am still using that set and they work perfectly (5k miles on them so far).

I sold five sets and used one myself. (I also sold my partially used set of stock tires to yet another respected member of this forum who was perfectly satisfied). Every one of the other buyers who bought the tires from me (6 sets in total) was completely satisfied...the individuals and the folks who mounted the tires for them. I sold three of the sets in person, and shipped three sets...one of them to 13SBY.

After shipping the tires to 13SBY, he aknowledged receipt and suggested that there was damage to one of the front tires, that he believed to be from removal. Because we disagreed on the severity / implications of the damage (he thought it was unusable) I agreed to fully refund the price of that tire so that he could buy a new replacement. Then, he suggested that his dealer told him he couldn't run the one front 'used' one with a new one and came back to ask for a refund on the second front. At that time, I told him that I, candidly, felt that I was being taken advantage of at this point...but I still agreed to provide a 50% refund on that tire too. That was the last I've heard of this. Now, almost eight months later, he posts this. So I'm not feeling very good about him as a buyer at this point.

John, I must respond.
I, too, bought a set of P Zero tires from you; but, I am *not* completely satisfied.

You advertised these as:
“brand new / take-off set for sale for $1k. they were removed at delivery with about 15 miles on them.”
and
“no punctures, no damage whatsoever. they were rolled off the truck and into the shop…dismounted…that's it.”

None of the tires I received from you was "new". One, in particular, had obviously been driven hard. The tires were usable and I did mount and use them and did not ask for a refund. I sent you an e-mail pointing out the discrepancy between what you advertised and what you sent, and asked if you had mistakenly sent me the wrong set. Your response was:

“the car did have 15-20 miles on it when the tires were taken off...I don't know what happened in that short bit of mileage, but they didn't appear to me to have any wear at all other than the slight wear on the outside of the one....which I chalked up to being typical of a few miles of use...perhaps my car was a randomly-selected tester? they do randomly test something like 1 of 100 mustangs that roll out of flat rock.”

I chalk this up as yet another lesson learned. I am old enough to know to ask for pictures before buying tires over the internet, but it did not seem necessary since the tires were “brand new”. My mistake. I will not make it again.

-- Jim

Jim, your comments are fair. I advertised what I knew about them and attempted to rectify any mis-match in expectations. If there's something still outstanding with you, in terms of mis-matched expectations, I'd be happy to attempt some resolution there. Perhaps you can PM me?

I'm not a tire expert, nor was I really making any money from re-selling these tires...I got ahold of these from a place we'd all trust...I was told they were all new take-offs...and I passed along what I knew on a descent deal on some tires.

I'm unlikely to be re-selling tires in the future as it's not worth the angst it's created.

06mach1 said:
+1 for George ( VTBoss302) . Thanks!

Another +1 here. Received all my parts from his sale thread yesterday. All as described and well packaged. A real pleasure to deal with!!

Thank you!

Kudos to Scott (YellowBoss) for shipping my brake heat shields Priority Mail so I had them in time to slap them in this weekend. Now if it would just warm up enough to go on Friday :'(

Thumbs up to 06mach1 for the lower grill, and a big thumbs up to Trackday solutions for their speedy shipping and Pete's patience with me, I do appreciate it

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Shipment from VTBOSS is at the house.

Wife asked me why I bought a girdle for my car. I guess she is confused after I justified many of the other parts as being part of the weight loss program.

Parts are in the box new as advertised.

Thanks George.

TMO Supporting Vendors