The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 CaptKaos' 2011 S197 LS Swap Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Friday May 19th 2023: Piping showed up so I test fit it in the car using some left over hose. Got it marked and dropped it off a a friends to get it TIG welded.

LizMustang_288.jpg

LizMustang_289.jpg

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Tuesday May 23rd 2023: Picked up some hose for the heater core and then went to mocking in all the cooling lines to make sure everything fit as expected.

LizMustang_291.jpg

LizMustang_292.jpg

LizMustang_293.jpg

Once I got everything sorted I secured everything down. I cut the ends off the factory hose and used them to connect the new heater hoses.

LizMustang_294.jpg

LizMustang_295.jpg

LizMustang_296.jpg

LizMustang_297.jpg

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Wednesday May24th 2023: Had to clean up the garage before I got started this evening. Once that was done I started routing the Terminator X wiring harness. Went to bolt the intake on and couldn't find the manifold bolts so put some on order.

LizMustang_298.jpg

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Monday May 29th 2023: Intake bolts showed up so I got the DBW TB bolted to the intake and got the Intake bolted to the engine (temporarily) and ran through some harness routing scenarios

LizMustang_299.jpg

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Thursday June 1st 2023: I got distracted from the wiring as I ordered some new tape but while I waited I played with the idea of using the factory airbox. Eventually it didn't make the cut.

LizMustang_300.jpg

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Saturday June 3rd 2023: I got the drivers side Truck coil mount installed and checked the intake and found a problem.

LizMustang_301.jpg

The Fuel line runs right into one of the coils

LizMustang_302.jpg

Removed the fuel line and then tweaked it some

LizMustang_303.jpg

LizMustang_304.jpg

installed the AN fitting and verify the fit.

LizMustang_305.jpg

LizMustang_306.jpg

Jumped back to the wring and found this lovely idea. Why use the grommet not 3" away when you can just poke the wires through? Thanks Audit installer...

LizMustang_307.jpg

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sunday June 4th 2023: Connected the fuel supply line and connected all the Terminator X, and Current Performance Truck TBI, Ford Pedal to Holley, minus the power harness and threw in the Factory Mustang power harness to sort out the mass of wires I need to route.
There are several wires I need to sort out and the main Terminator harness had the DBC connectors for TPS and IAT + the Fuel wires I will never use.. Plus the factory harness has the trans control wiring and the EPAS wiring which I am replacing.

LizMustang_308.jpg

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Monday-Wednesday June 5-7th 2023: OCD got the better of me as I HATE wires in cars that go nowhere so I de-loomed the Terminator harness and removed the TPS, IAC and the Fuel sensor. This took 2 afternoons.

LizMustang_309.jpg

2 nights later this is where I ended up. Top left of the picture you can see all the removed sub harnesses. Once I had it pulled all apart I went ahead and got some Tesa Underhood tape on the way along with some aluminum heat tape from DEI.

LizMustang_310.jpg

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Saturday June 10th 2023: Dug into the Ford power harness. Spend the whole day removing all the tape, insualtion ect and got the factory ECU Powered EPAS and the Transmission control wiring out.

LizMustang_311.jpg

The simplified harness is on the left, what I pulled out is on the right.

LizMustang_312.jpg

I also ordered parts for the Intake since I won't be using the factory Airbox.

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Saturday June 17th 2023: I didn't get any pictures after this where I was mocking the Holley 12.3 in the car but needless to say the factory cluster probably wont be going back in after the surgery.

LizMustang_315.jpg

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sunday June 18th 2023: This is the pieces I am potentially going to somehow modify from the Factory Cluster housing which were permanently removed from the cluster.

LizMustang_317.jpg

You can see from this angle the gaps/open area that I am trying to cover up.

LizMustang_316.jpg

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I apologize in advance for not keeping up on the progress but I had a lot going on this past couple months on top of my day job changing directions. With that said, many posts coming to catch me up to today.

Weekend of June 24-25th 2023: Most of the progress that I have been making is related to reading wiring diagrams and tracing and labelling wiring. This weekend I was researching the C146 plug wiring (connector to engine), C110 plug wiring (charging/AC/start) and the ECM Plug wiring.

LizMustang_318.jpg

LizMustang_319.jpg

LizMustang_320.jpg

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Thursday June 29th 2023: Finally gave in and pulled down the AC and removed the factory compressor. I also started laying out potential Terminator wiring routing and placement along with playing with Air intake layout..

LizMustang_321.jpg

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sunday July 16th 2023: Finally decided to put the ECU inside the car and started the process of routing all the wiring. Pulled the passenger side inner fender to get access to the body grommet. I did have to tweak the brace to firewall opening some to get all the wires in which were ALL of the Terminator + the EPAS wiring.

LizMustang_324.jpg

Had to install/remove the battery box a few times to make sure I had enough clearance for all the wiring but finally got everything like I wanted. (hindsight I should have not committed to taping this all up and closing it up)

LizMustang_327.jpg

LizMustang_328.jpg

Once inside I just had to sort out the lengths and get them all to where they would route and reach the location above the glovebox.

LizMustang_329.jpg

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Tuesday July 18th 2023: All of the wiring is now passed through to the outside so I got the gromment back on with some slight modification.

LizMustang_330.jpg
Installed the battery box one last time and then taped the wiring together to bundle the looms together

LizMustang_331.jpg

LizMustang_332.jpg

Once I was satisfied, I sealed and taped the wiring and grommet. Not pictured is where I spent about an hour pulling the ECM apart because I saw that people were making integration harnesses with the factory ECM plug. It was a fruitless effort since it is soldered to a circuit board.

LizMustang_333.jpg

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Thursday July 20th 2023: Hard to see in the picture but there is room under the Airbag as long as you remove the tabs under it. So with that said I proceeded to remove the said tabs and tweak the supports to make some room for the ECM.

LizMustang_334.jpg

Once placed above the bracing I started rough sorting out the harness routing from the firewall up to the ECM.

LizMustang_335.jpg

LizMustang_336.jpg

Also routed the DBW harness along with the dash harness over to the drivers side.

LizMustang_337.jpg

I also sanded down the back of the dash to make more room for the Holley 12.3 dash.

LizMustang_338.jpg

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Friday July 21st 2023: Still fitting the harness above the glovebox so it can open/close without issues.

LizMustang_339.jpg

Started consolidating the power, switched power and ground wires along with the brake wires so they can be routed.

LizMustang_340.jpg
I also started on the Current Performance DBW setup, which is for a GM 6 pin. I use these often and after looking at it versus what I have comparted to what Current Performance supplied I found I needed to switch the following pins to match what Ford shows for the pedal

LizMustang_341.jpg

(Hard to tell, but...) Still tweaking the dash for fitment but was getting really close to done so I put something over the protective film after sanding it down some more.

LizMustang_342.jpg

Started sorting out the routing and position of the AC module and all the other harness and wiring connections under the hood.
LizMustang_343.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel