The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Clutch pedal noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Having a problem with a creaking noise when i press down on the clutch. It's pretty annoying. Anyone else with this problem? I tried using WD40. It did not work.

I have the same problem. Seems the warmer the weather is, the worse it is. Took it to the dealer to have it looked at along with a few other things, and it was an epic FAIL. Looking for another dealer to take it to to have it checked out. I'm guessing the spring needs more grease...

I noticed it a few times but I thought it was the cold weather. Car is away for the winter, I will see in the spring

The noise started at around 2,000 miles. It was only happening once in awhile. It has been progressively getting worse.
I just took the Boss to Vegas this past weekend and it was really bothering me. I really do not listen to the radio because I enjoy the exhaust note, but I have been turning up the radio to drown out the noise from the clutch.

I just scheduled a service appointment at my local Ford dealership. I will let you know the outcome.

Randy said:
The noise started at around 2,000 miles. It was only happening once in awhile. It has been progressively getting worse.
I just took the Boss to Vegas this past weekend and it was really bothering me. I really do not listen to the radio because I enjoy the exhaust note, but I have been turning up the radio to drown out the noise from the clutch.

I just scheduled a service appointment at my local Ford dealership. I will let you know the outcome.

Let us know. It is very annoying

TMO Supporting Vendors