The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Clutch sticking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
mine I think was just a few pounds lighter. I opted for the steel flywheel. if you go with an alum it will be a pain to drive on the street.

the centerforce is easier to drive on the street then the factory clutch was.

dabossinne said:
Waiting for Ford to issue a sticking clutch TSB authorizing replacement. Not holding my breath...

With no Ford fix in sight, I traded-in my 2012 Boss for a 2013 GT auto. Ford was fully aware of the problem when I reported it and they supposedly documented my concerns in case they ever were to issue a related TSB. Now they just tell people it's normal.

Justin

SoFlaBoss said:
With no Ford fix in sight, I traded-in my 2012 Boss for a 2013 GT auto. Ford was fully aware of the problem when I reported it and they supposedly documented my concerns in case they ever were to issue a related TSB. Now they just tell people it's normal.
did you return your boss to stock before you traded it in?

the boss's are going through the same issues that the c5 vette's and camaros had when they where first introduced with the ls1.
i think the fix was a new/better clutch. at that time the parts they used where from the z06 platform.

just a fyi

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Besides the noise, does the clutch feel the same as stock, as per height of pedal and the way it engages?
I enjoy the way the stock one feels, I'd love to buy a aftermarket but afraid it wont be as good

Justin

unrealford said:
Besides the noise, does the clutch feel the same as stock, as per height of pedal and the way it engages?
I enjoy the way the stock one feels, I'd love to buy a aftermarket but afraid it wont be as good
height of pedal is the same. engages the same place. at idle the pedal is just a little lighter then stock at full steam its much lighter vs stock. I dont miss the old clutch at all.

ArizonaGT said:
RXT because the car will see the road course quite often and the organic material in the RST is not going to hold up to that beating.

"Chatter" = noise from the floater plate between the two discs when the clutch is depressed or being slipped to get moving.

Is the chatter like a soft clicking noise? I have the stock clutch and notice a sort of soft clicking noise when leaving work with the windows down as I start to move.

I also just drove my friends GT and his stock clutch pedal is wayyyy heavier than mine, not sure why that would be? Haven't been in any other GTs so I don't know which is normal lol

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
A stock clutch will not make the same sound as there is no second friction disc or floater disc in the stock clutch. My stock clutch makes a "fluttering" sound right now when I slip it, but I think the throwout bearing is on its last legs.

mtnbikefuel80 said:
Hmmm okay, not sure what that noise is then. As for the clutch pedal sticking, I haven't had it happen since i flushed the system with RBF600 about a year ago

Could it be the clunck from the two piece driveshaft?

My clutch pedal got stuck the first time I did a full redline pull from 1st-3rd gear. It got very light between 1-2, and was dead 2-3. Havent experienced it since, but I have been shifting ~500rpm early.

F.D. Sako said:
Could it be the clunck from the two piece driveshaft?

My clutch pedal got stuck the first time I did a full redline pull from 1st-3rd gear. It got very light between 1-2, and was dead 2-3. Havent experienced it since, but I have been shifting ~500rpm early.

Its not a metallic clicking, I'm not really sure how to describe it, and its one of those things that's on an off. I went to the dealer and it didn't make the noise for me there, same with the stuck clutch.

TMO Supporting Vendors