The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Curious: How many Bosses have you seen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
7500RPM said:
This very early production (1 of 1) 2012 YB with White Roof and Stripes left Ontario a little while back and now resides in South Carolina.

What a great color combination with the white roof and white stripes!

:)

The first Yellow with white Boss and now the first Boss Snowbird. ;D

7500RPM said:
This very early production (1 of 1) 2012 YB with White Roof and Stripes left Ontario a little while back and now resides in South Carolina.

What a great color combination with the white roof and white stripes!

:)
Do you know, was this car sold. I'm a huge YB fan and 1 of 1....Wow!$!$

boss man said:
Do you know, was this car sold. I'm a huge YB fan and 1 of 1....Wow!$!$
This is the car. There was a mistake in the Canadian order guide and he was able to place this order and have it made. I hope he made some money on the car.

2012yellowwhiteBOSS_zpsa6dd813f.jpg

Thats what commands big Money is factory mistakes. and can prove it!! Car has to be a really early build. Any idea what #??

NFSBOSS said:
This is the car. There was a mistake in the Canadian order guide and he was able to place this order and have it made. I hope he made some money on the car.

2012yellowwhiteBOSS_zpsa6dd813f.jpg

Actually the mistake was made by a local Ford dealership in Burlington as they had originally ordered a 2012 Kona Blue Boss car that as we all know only came with White stripes and roof. At the last minute the dealership heard about the optional Yellow Blaze cars and changed their order from Kona Blue to Yellow Blaze Boss but forgot to change the roof and stripe package on the order form and somehow the order got through the Ford order system.

My understanding is that when the Yellow Blaze cars were being painted on a given day in early 2011 this car order came through and the assembly line in Flat Rock actually had to be stopped until such time that someone at Ford would make a decison as to either build the car or not with White roof and White stripes and of course as we all know the car was given the go ahead to be built.

Saw a black with red 2012 LS today on Rt 70 going east in Ohio, just before the 70/79 interchange around 5:00 pm.
First LS I have actually seen on the road. Did not get to see the plates.

7500RPM said:
Actually the mistake was made by a local Ford dealership in Burlington as they had originally ordered a 2012 Kona Blue Boss car that as we all know only came with White stripes and roof. At the last minute the dealership heard about the optional Yellow Blaze cars and changed their order from Kona Blue to Yellow Blaze Boss but forgot to change the roof and stripe package on the order form and somehow the order got through the Ford order system.

My understanding is that when the Yellow Blaze cars were being painted on a given day in early 2011 this car order came through and the assembly line in Flat Rock actually had to be stopped until such time that someone at Ford would make a decison as to either build the car or not with White roof and White stripes and of course as we all know the car was given the go ahead to be built.
Were probably splitting hairs here but that's not how I remember it and that was originally a Canadian car. This is going back to when the original order banks opened and there was an option for white stripes on the YB on the Canadian order system and so it was ordered. Maybe the dealer wanted a KB car but the option was available in the system. There's no way to order it unless it's available in the system and we all know now the system was wrong but it got made anyway. News came out about this car shortly after it hit the hands of the original owner. Note the date on the photo.

Either way, it's very cool that this still happened, just like the old days when you could special order a car. Unfortunately nowadays, all cars come with set pkgs and options, so no rare or special....miss those days

NFSBOSS said:
Were probably splitting hairs here but that's not how I remember it and that was originally a Canadian car. This is going back to when the original order banks opened and there was an option for white stripes on the YB on the Canadian order system and so it was ordered. Maybe the dealer wanted a KB car but the option was available in the system. There's no way to order it unless it's available in the system and we all know now the system was wrong but it got made anyway. News came out about this car shortly after it hit the hands of the original owner. Note the date on the photo.
[/quote

My explanation is based on numerous personal meetings and comments from the person at the dealership who ordered this car at the Burlington Ford store. This person has been with this same dealership for almost 40 years and certainly knows the Ford system after all these years.

I have known the original purchaser for quite some time as he lives very close to my son in Burlington and have had the pleasure to visit with him and his wife each time I am in Burlington. He actually was going to refuse the car because he did not like the white roof and stripes when the car arrived but because of the mistake on the order form the dealership decided not the charge him for the optional paint color and of course the rest is history.

If there was an option for a white roof and stripes on a YB car I am surprised that other orders were not completed as it is a great color combination and why did Ford change their minds on this great color combination?

???

iIf it was a Canadian car then there would be no owners kit...Correct. I wonder what the certificate would say being the only YB with white stripes.
Veru interesting story.

7500RPM said:
NFSBOSS said:
[/quote

My explanation is based on numerous personal meetings and comments from the person at the dealership who ordered this car at the Burlington Ford store. This person has been with this same dealership for almost 40 years and certainly knows the Ford system after all these years.

I have known the original purchaser for quite some time as he lives very close to my son in Burlington and have had the pleasure to visit with him and his wife each time I am in Burlington. He actually was going to refuse the car because he did not like the white roof and stripes when the car arrived but because of the mistake on the order form the dealership decided not the charge him for the optional paint color and of course the rest is history.

If there was an option for a white roof and stripes on a YB car I am surprised that other orders were not completed as it is a great color combination and why did Ford change their minds on this great color combination?

???
Then what was originally posted was wrong or I am. :) Was this originally a Canadian car or not?

NFSBOSS said:
Then what was originally posted was wrong or I am. :) Was this originally a Canadian car or not?

Yes, you are correct as this car sold new at a Ford dealership in Burlington, Ontario and it came with a Boss Owners kit.

Based on your understanding of the white roof and stripes being available on this car in Canada any idea why Ford changed their minds with respect to deleting this color option?

???

MGCurry

2013 Boss 302 #1548 SBY
Boss240 said:
I havent seen any on the road yet and only 2 others at dealers. Im in Long Island, NY by the way.

I have one in nassau, went to the aqueduct tuesday SBY (like mine anbd whiite cruise and saw two other and that horrible boss convertible automatic clone (dont ask) saw the same ones at Bellmont

Saw different ones at Bellmore train station (sby and white) and a kona blue in my local nassau car club

I run a SBY yellow and do allot of local cruises (but allot of the time have my 67 stang or 72 gran torino out)

Boss sighting Thurs 9/18/14 Connecticut I-84 eastbound 0815 hrs. In the City of Waterbury a 2012 Performance White with FL tags, anyone from here???? Looking good!!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel