The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Curious: How many Bosses have you seen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2012 Silver LS and a 2012 CO Boss spotted at the Bass Pro car show in Foxboro MA.
Spoke briefly with the lady owner of the CO car. She has on occasion visited the BMO site.
Tastefully modded with LS spoiler, Bassani exhaust and tiger hood.
We were the only late model Boss Mustangs among the approx. 400+ cars that ranged
from 50's style Hot rods, to a couple of Ford GT's, and just about everything in between.

Deep in the Heart of Texas - GHIG 2013 spotted at FM2920 and Cypress Rosehill. I wonder if he is a member? Wanted to run him down, but he got a long head start and had one of my kids with me. I saw them regularly for a while in Houston....but am spotting them less and less often. I know folks are trying to save them - makes me worry about the miles I'm putting on mine. I'm at 39K.

After two years I finally encountered a Boss in the wild - side by side - while driving my own 2012. I've seen a few pass by in traffic and waved, but never actually pulled up on one. Commuting to work this morning around the east side of Houston and pulled up behind a 2013 PW. I couldn't believe it.....but was very disappointed, as he would not make eye contact. LOL. Guy acted like I wanted to shoot him or something. Very slowly pulled up to both sides of him, but he never took his eyes off the road. I don't get it......

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Tomball Boss said:
After two years I finally encountered a Boss in the wild - side by side - while driving my own 2012. I've seen a few pass by in traffic and waved, but never actually pulled up on one. Commuting to work this morning around the east side of Houston and pulled up behind a 2013 PW. I couldn't believe it.....but was very disappointed, as he would not make eye contact. LOL. Guy acted like I wanted to shoot him or something. Very slowly pulled up to both sides of him, but he never took his eyes off the road. I don't get it......

Some people just don't stop and smell the roses. Shame. He is missing a slice of the fun.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
^yeah, that's just weird.

I see a lot around here in the wild. Especially on the 5. Going to the track it's almost a given to see a few, except at Streets where Mustangs aren't common.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
From 2011 thru August 2014 I saw a total of 3. Then in August 2014 I was filling up the Boss, and talking to the station attendant telling him they are pretty rare, then in mid sentence, a 12 PW Boss goes flying by! Couldn't believe it. So that is now 4, and haven't seen one since.

With the Boss now under cover, I'm going through Boss withdrawal! Bummer,

Regards,
Dave
302 HP

Have only seen 2. One was back in 2013 in a mall parking lot. It was a black 2013 LS. The other was about 2 months ago at my local Ford dealer. Since I am a new owner that gives me hope that they can service the car without screwing it up.

Saw a SBY Boss today in St Catharines, Ontario, Canada while traveling through on my way to Niagara Falls. I believe he was just out for spin, as the car was spotless and still had summer tires on it. At least I hope, I don't like seeing them being driven in the wintertime, it may be just me though.

Prior to buying mine last October, I had only seen a handful and mainly at the track. Within days of buying mine, I ran into another GB 13' at my daughters school!!

Since I got my Boss in April of 2011, I have seen one other black LS at a car show. There is a GHIG 13 in our club and maybe 4 or 5 on the street. I have seen a lot at the track (people really enjoying their Boss). Just like most cars, I think most went home and stored away in a garage so the owner can brag how few miles it has, REALLY? Worrying about investment. All cars are a bad financial investment but a great fun investment. Drive em, and better yet hit the track. Takes weeks to get the smile off your face after you invest in drive time!!!

I bought my 2013 boss in sept of 2014. since then, I have seen two other boss 302's. both were at car shows that I entered. one was a boss 302 LS, that was #302. the guy drives it, and does track days and autocross. both were 2012 models. I have never seen a boss on the road, other than mine.

We live 5 minutes from OC Welch Ford in SC, and they seem to have gotten more than their fair share of Bosses over the years. They bought a huge allotment of MP cars, both '12's and 13's. I have a friend in sales there, so have had the luxury of driving several, sometimes taking them for the day. We have probably test driven 13-15 cars. They varied in condition. My favorites were Black LS MP002, which I believe a forum member now has. That was Car & Driver's test vehicle and the one used in their photos. That was an awesome car. Then they had a new 2013 GHIG that was wicked fast. Some of the cars were a bit rough, not loved, had varying degrees of prior damage, etc. Some were quite good. I am pretty amazed at how different each car is. Just goes to show how tricky internet buying can be, you never know what you're going to get.

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558
MGCurry said:
There is two other SBY in my local club and 2 other bosses I see at local shows lots of boss on Long Island

Im on Long Island... what club are you part of? Mine is sometimes down at OAK Beach on Sunday's - Weather Permitting. Have taken her to Bellmore a few times too on Friday Nights.

TMO Supporting Vendors