The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dave Pericak to Vacate Head of Ford Performance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wow that’s huge. He will be missed at Ford Performance.

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
Based on the big changes coming, which were outlined as budget cuts, more electric, and eliminating some models, from the new CEO...and now Pericak leaving....this might not be good news for us :(....hopefully it keeps progressing

Also remember Pericak's annoucment earlier in the year that Ken Blocks team is getting out of WRC.....not that Ken has much success outside of PR videos

"Although we have thoroughly enjoyed competing in the exciting FIA World Rallycross Championship, it’s a natural time for us to take a break as the future of the series takes shape,” said Dave Pericak, Global Director of Ford Performance."

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this, I hope it doesn't mean a cutback in the performance divisions. I was around when Subaru did this, they had a great guy working for them, then they shuttered the road racing end of it and now all you get is
" Subaru........love " BS in their advertisements.

Wow is right. Hopefully for Dave this truly is a promotion and something he is doing, or has to do, for his career. Whatever he does he will be successful at, good luck there. He has done a great job in the recent performance wars, special thanks for the Boss and everything that followed. Those taking over will need some passion to keep up with his legacy - lets hope management isn't backing off from the success the whole Ford Performance Program has been having.

Although he's leaving Ford Performance, it's great to see that Pericak's talents will put to good use in a larger leadership role within Ford. Congrats and good luck to Dave!

There's a big management shakeup going on at Ford, and it's clear that new CEO Hackett is attempting to re-shape Ford. What this means for Ford Performance and Ford's racing involvement remains to be seen, but he's clearly shifting emphasis from passenger car and internal combustion engine development overall in favor of more emphasis on CUV/SUV and trucks, electrification and autonomous vehicle development. http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2017/10/24/ford-exec-shakeup/106957708/

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2017/10/26/ford-third-quarter/107020460/

Last edited:

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
+1...all tho my Boss averages over 17 MPG if I Drive within the law...don't ask how often that is...:rolleyes:

Yeah, it's really not that bad, my buddies Ram is way worse and the Mustang is actually better fuel wise than our SUV. I often drive with the fuel display on, I still wonder why the hell I do that, old habits I guess. It's pretty funny on the track though, didn't know the thing could go that high! :p

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel