The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

DOW 23,000+ today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Maybe...I was thinking last Friday that 27,000 was possible this week. Would be another good reason to celebrate!

I remember '76...good times.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
May have to wait till next week. And I thought a good jobs report was good for us...o_O

"
Stocks retreat from record levels as strong jobs report puts interest-rate cuts in question"

Grant 302

Just wait for it...massive bounce so far. That’s why I ignore headlines like that. They often tell you the exact opposite of what the market (eventually) does.

Grant 302

Or even look at the intraday action on Wednesday. The move was pretty sharp and right to the close. Morning shorts were thinking they were pretty smart only an hour ago. They’ll keep covering as and if things go up from here.

Grant 302

Might have topped out for the day, and still a little in the negative in the -40s but that's relative to more than -220s an hour and a half in. Still two hours to go, and I'm not ramping up the hedges to the downside unless there's a big spike up toward closing.

Grant 302

26,922.12 -43.88

Not the green close I was hoping for or the 27k...but solid bullish price action through the day. Most of the price action was above ~26,900 level, where the biggest price/volume weighting was. Closing and crossing above that in the last few minutes are both bullish indicators.

With a new end of week high and all time high on a fairly continuous run, the 'breakout' I've been talking about is in progress. Don't let the headlines sway you from any bullish convictions right now.

Grant 302

Can we update the title thread to DOW a0almost 27,000 this month ?

Spoken like a Hawaiian local...Can, but no can.

I like that the 23k title 'reminds' me of where the market was. A prediction for near 30k, isn't so bold in that context.

This is Grant's baby...Maybe he's waiting til the 28K mark?....That will come as well................

Baby? no...can't say I see it that way. Like any part of this forum, I want it to encourage discussion...even if it's more of a dumping ground for my thoughts. Making predictions is no good if you can't remember the bad ones.

Grant 302

Ha 76, I was a baby.
I'm still a baby. Big frickin' baby. :D

Baby of yours maybe not so.But a concern and topic of discussion, definitively so...Money will do that some tyme................You reap what you sow, but the reverse may happen, also..........buyer be ware................no risk, no gain or no risk, no pain/loss....tough call.............

While that is mostly true...it's missing one *big* concept...and that's hedging. Done correctly, and you never have to lose money again. Ever.

TMO Supporting Vendors