The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

DOW 23,000+ today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

to see if you are immune to it? I was thinking same thing.

I'm pretty sure no one is coming out and saying if you have the antibodies you're immune. But, it's likely. It means you've been exposed and contracted it and frankly it wasn't so bad. Chances are you're not going to die from it if you even got it again.

I'm a volunteer fire fighter in my neighborhood, and it'd be good to know I could be the one to get dispatched while others in my dept could wait it out for a vaccine, etc.

Of course there's like 1 FDA approved test, and there's a lot of fears of false positives which would give one a false sense of security.

My company Lam Research (LRCX) is getting hammered this morning. I sold some FB and NFLX for good profits just now and did what all the "experts" tell you not to do- loaded up on more LRCX baby! Word on the street is demand has never been better, and our only limits are supply chain and mfg constraints at least through the end of the year.

It's getting hammered this morning due to concerns the US might curtail sales of semiconductor manufacturing equipment to China, where we do at least a quarter of our sales. But, I doubt that will come to fruition, since Japan and Tokyo Electron would step right in and sell basically equivalent equipment. Lam's probably got the lobbyists with suitcases full of cash headed to D.C. right now to straighten things out LOL.

For the record the stock is trading at $234 right now. I think in a year it'll be $300-$350. We'll see.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I don’t usually like to buy on the first trading day if the month. Hedges mostly kick in sub-23,000 and is relatively light at slightly under -1x. So just defensive enough to keep me neutral short term.

Grant 302

i dont even know where to start. I have disposable income but you guys are so into this....its fascinating lol

Can't suggest exactly where or how to start. The market was truly different when I started. Decadessss ago. My first broker I called on the phone. And everything was still in fractions.

Grant 302

Grant, Are you sure you're not a photographer??...Rumor has it you do your best work in the dark................;)
I am a photographer. Even did the campaign and press photos for a US Congressman. ;)

But my experience working in the dark comes from corporate work. You know the saying about being a mushroom. In the dark and feed you...

Best advise I ever got was simple. Diversify. Never put all you eggs into one basket.
Yes, and even if you learn how to hedge and 'insure' that basket it's still good advice.

Having a bond portfolio and knowing how to setup a bond 'ladder' never hurt me.

Grant 302

Hedges mostly kick in sub-23,000 and is relatively light at slightly under -1x. So just defensive enough to keep me neutral short term.

Sold all the weekly put side protection and bought back all the covered calls that funded short term hedge. Win-win.

Still holding longer term hedge positions in case the support doesn’t hold at the 23k level.

Grant 302

Just to highlight some holdings that appear to be “covid resistant” and are currently trading at higher levels than before the pandemic:
FIVN
RNG
TEAM
GLD
NFLX
AMZN
PYPL

Not recommendations to buy, but ones that didn’t ‘suffer’ like other equities. YMMV. GLTA.

My company Lam Research (LRCX) is getting hammered this morning. I sold some FB and NFLX for good profits just now and did what all the "experts" tell you not to do- loaded up on more LRCX baby! Word on the street is demand has never been better, and our only limits are supply chain and mfg constraints at least through the end of the year.

It's getting hammered this morning due to concerns the US might curtail sales of semiconductor manufacturing equipment to China, where we do at least a quarter of our sales. But, I doubt that will come to fruition, since Japan and Tokyo Electron would step right in and sell basically equivalent equipment. Lam's probably got the lobbyists with suitcases full of cash headed to D.C. right now to straighten things out LOL.

For the record the stock is trading at $234 right now. I think in a year it'll be $300-$350. We'll see.

LRCX closed at $269 today, and is up to $278 after hours. It just might hit $300 in a month, and not the year I said 13 days ago. :p

Just to highlight some holdings that appear to be “covid resistant” and are currently trading at higher levels than before the pandemic:
FIVN
RNG
TEAM
GLD
NFLX
AMZN
PYPL

Not recommendations to buy, but ones that didn’t ‘suffer’ like other equities. YMMV. GLTA.

Good stocks there. I actually took profits on my NFLX and bought some CLR this week, which is a risky oil play.

Grant 302

“Moderna shares rallied 25% after the company reported "positive" phase one results for a potential coronavirus vaccine. The company said that after two doses all 45 trial participants had developed coronavirus antibodies.”

Good news. I didn’t think it would take a year to develop something that works like many were saying back in Feb. If there’s money to be made, companies will work tirelessly to make it happen. And this isn’t the only vaccine being developed and tested.

Of course some will worry about the time until one is widely available...my guess is before the end of summer.

Sorrento, a bio tech in San Diego, also announced some promising results with their trial drug and their stock is up 30% today.

I’m feeling pretty confident that today is the beginning of the end of this virus BS.

And I did something I said I’d never do, I bought some shares of Tesla.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel