The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

DOW 23,000+ today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Chasing down those few buyers out there.This is just the dip you guys were predicting.........right????
Predicting is a funny word. And agreed with Tyme that this action is more part of the correction in the Oct. activity...this is part of what follows, IMO, in order to establish any new 'base'. Lows often need to be retested. As long as markets don't breach the Feb. / Apr. / May lows, I'm not worried about any major reversal. Markets move more like battleships and are very slow to make actual turns. Don't focus so much on the 'chop'...unless you play with it like I like to. :D;)

Grant 302

Although I go thru life seeing the glass half-full, most people think I'm full of it.
Even when I'm right, people still think I'm full of it! :D

There were a couple of things my dad was looking at and buying incrementally that we were talking about on Monday. He was already ~20% in and I was grilling him about why he bought yet at all. I called price targets on both and that buying sometime at those levels *or* waiting until Dec. or 'confirmation' of the dip in price action would make more sense.

I'm sure when I talk to him next, that I won't have said any of what I said. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Grant 302

The obvious problem is. The glass is twice the size as it should be.

lol. Are we talking about a mirror now? ;)

Still, I'd rather go through life seeing the glass half full rather than spending my life running around like Chicken Little.
I am thankful everyday for the Chicken Littles of the market and all other manner of 'Liquidity Providers'. Odds are you're doing okay if you aren't wearing either of those labels.

Grant 302

Now how many chicken little sellers last week are regretting it...

Bounce is decent. Looking next for a test of about 26,200 after some sideways action.

Appears the Trump/Xi trade cease fire this past weekend at G20 is sending Asian markets up tonight, along with domestic futures. Will we see the Indexes recover their peaks by year end?

Hopefully!

Grant 302

Sounds optimistic to me. Topping off on short term hedges. Will add more end of day if the markets close significantly lower than this gap-up open. And I think that's likely with the price action so far. I don't usually trade 'gaps', but a lot of people do and they often do need to be 'closed'.

For long-term stuff, I'm wash-selling a few things today and taking some unrealized capital gains I've been sitting on in preparation for closing out the year. Always fun managing tax loads. :rolleyes:

Grant 302

I wouldn't know. I've found that the news doesn't help my trading...so I turned the squelch down (or is it 'up' for higher suppression?)

Volatility comes from too many sources to 'account' for it all.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
The media fish for answers when theres so much movement. I always get a kick out or their reasoning but I agree Grant, it usually is more than "The Job Reports". Not sure what to make of it but I have heard talk of political money trying to make the market look bad/good for the other side.

Last edited:

Grant 302

The media fish for answers when there so much movement. I always get a kick out or their reasoning but I agree Grant, it usually is more than "The Job Reports".
Exactly! There is a part of the market that trades the news, but it's my opinion that the market generally 'floods' that action and goes back to whatever it was doing prior.

Not sure what to make of it but I have heard talk of political money trying to make the market look bad/good for the other side.
I've heard that too, but didn't give it much thought. I suppose it's just rumours to support some political agenda rather than any real money used to manipulate. Market manipulation is just B.A.U. It just takes a lot of it. I only needed to trade oil to learn that lesson!

TMO Supporting Vendors