The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

EBC Brakes Giveaway - November 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EBC Brakes

Supporting Vendor
It is time for the next EBC Brakes Pad Giveaway! One set of pads (front or rear) will be gifted to one randomly selected forum member from our entire range, just by participating in the below thread!

In past giveaways we have discussed our first ride, garage and storage spaces, famous people we have met or would like to have met and weird and wonderful vehicles amongst other topics.

With respect to electric vehicles, the sound and mechanics of an internal combustion engine is a masterpiece, and as pressures increase from governments for the end of the ICE, this month we would like to pose the question; Hypothetically the law states you can keep only one ICE car for the future, what car do you want to hold onto forever, and why?
Would you choose something economic like a Mustang 2.3L EcoBoost twin turbo, or go for power with the 5.2L V10 Lamborghini Huracan or a 6.2L Hemi SRT Hellcat Supercharged V8? Maybe you want the usability of a Ford F-150, or the classic finesse of a 1980 Corvette Stingray?

The lucky winner will be randomly selected and announced within a few days after the closing date of 1st December 2022 and details will be posted on this forum shortly after.

Please be aware that this thread may appear in more than one section on the forum and one winner will be selected from the whole forum, not a winner per thread.
Pad choice will be based on availability and where a chosen pad is unavailable, an alternative will be offered.

If you are not the lucky winner, EBC Brakes are pleased to be able to offer a 10% discount off their braking products to all members of the forum community using code FORUM10USER
This discount code can be redeemed at EBC Brakes Direct | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Brake Discs or with our USA partners at Perfect Brakes | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Rotors

Any questions or application issues please let us know.

GOOD LUCK………

EBC Brakes’ Range of High-Performance Automotive Braking Products

When it comes to performance aftermarket braking components, there aren’t many names that are embedded as deeply into the scene as EBC Brakes.

EBC Brakes is an independently owned and managed brake manufacturer, employing over 400 people across the UK and US, and produces the world’s largest range of brake pads and discs for virtually anything with wheels.

Supplying some of the best-selling ranges of brake pads and rotors for the majority of cars, EBC Brakes is a solid choice when it comes to improving your stopping power.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I'm keeping my good old ground poundin' V8 powered 'stang without a doubt. It's the best bang for the buck performance car I've ever owned and never fails to put me in my happy place when we're out on the track. I'll need it when all we're allowed to drive on the road is boring electric whizzer cars. I just can't see tracking a whizzer car, the sound of that 5 litre V8 4 valve DOHC ICE motor is just such a big part of it all. The other option is my GF's 'vette, but it's an automatic and its brakes couldn't do a hard lap without melting down, so it's kind of a no brainer that the 'stang is the winnah!!!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Assuming one ICE vehicle per person indicates one per personality, my choices are not as limited as some. I have been dodging the multi personality disorder tag for years. No need to fight it now. :oops:

For my burn up the track, drive it off the showroom floor and run her as she is, second place is the first looser personality. I will go with a GT500 Carbon Heritage edition carbon fiber track pack car.

For my good ole days, it was fun then and it will be fun for ever personality. There are two choices. The Boss Mustang. It will be (is) Kona Blue and mostly stock (Ha Ha). Second choice for this personality would be a C-3 Corvette, Big Block (Aluminum) 4-5 speed Classic Hooker Side pipe headers, chrome of course, Rag Top. Just like my first car (Sort of, more fun).

For my Conservative drive the comfortable hauler guy. I would get a F-450 limited with the new high HO 6.7. Yep, its a truck. When you drive one you wonder how the industry was able to evolve from the grind it out cast iron suspension, teeth loosening ride rattle trap trucks from the past to the modern WiFi equipped, amazing sound system turn key machine. I will of course be pulling a stacker trailer to accommodate the personalities mentioned above.

For my just chill and enjoy the scenery personality. I will go with a new Mustang GT convertible likely in Ruby Red (Same as My Wife's car). Power on tap, active exhaust, 10 speed let the computer guess which gear I need to be in gear box. When the sun is out, I will be also. Push the button and the top drops (the Car's) showing you nature at its best during those relaxing drives in the country. Great tunes on satellite radio when you are too far out from city to hear a great mix of tunes (a small price to pay for solitude).

If I am forced to live in the false reality foisted upon me by the government (One Personality = One Person). The choice is obvious. Ill ask my wife. Life is too short to take the Government too seriously. :hellyeah:

EBC Brakes

Supporting Vendor
Assuming one ICE vehicle per person indicates one per personality, my choices are not as limited as some. I have been dodging the multi personality disorder tag for years. No need to fight it now. :oops:

For my burn up the track, drive it off the showroom floor and run her as she is, second place is the first looser personality. I will go with a GT500 Carbon Heritage edition carbon fiber track pack car.

For my good ole days, it was fun then and it will be fun for ever personality. There are two choices. The Boss Mustang. It will be (is) Kona Blue and mostly stock (Ha Ha). Second choice for this personality would be a C-3 Corvette, Big Block (Aluminum) 4-5 speed Classic Hooker Side pipe headers, chrome of course, Rag Top. Just like my first car (Sort of, more fun).

For my Conservative drive the comfortable hauler guy. I would get a F-450 limited with the new high HO 6.7. Yep, its a truck. When you drive one you wonder how the industry was able to evolve from the grind it out cast iron suspension, teeth loosening ride rattle trap trucks from the past to the modern WiFi equipped, amazing sound system turn key machine. I will of course be pulling a stacker trailer to accommodate the personalities mentioned above.

For my just chill and enjoy the scenery personality. I will go with a new Mustang GT convertible likely in Ruby Red (Same as My Wife's car). Power on tap, active exhaust, 10 speed let the computer guess which gear I need to be in gear box. When the sun is out, I will be also. Push the button and the top drops (the Car's) showing you nature at its best during those relaxing drives in the country. Great tunes on satellite radio when you are too far out from city to hear a great mix of tunes (a small price to pay for solitude).

If I am forced to live in the false reality foisted upon me by the government (One Personality = One Person). The choice is obvious. Ill ask my wife. Life is too short to take the Government too seriously. :hellyeah:
😂 ask the wife, safe bet

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
My wife is interested in an EV, though she is leaning more towards a Hybrid, and that is fine with me since she knows I will never get rid of the Viper, I need my Ram CrewCab W1500 to pull the trailer, and the Mustang is my track machine. Sounds like I don't have a care in the World, and since she is getting me a Garmin Catalyst for Christmas I am all set for next year. She is not aware I am getting a new set of Goodyear 3Rs, but I will just wait till after she sees her Christmas present before I spring that on her, haha.

PS - haven't been able to wear out my EBC SR11s yet, which is impressive since I go through a set of another brand of pads every year, so I have extra money for her Christmas gift ( or those Goodyears, ha).

If I can afford it, then I picking the Aston Martin V-12 Vantage S for the sound and feel. In the real world, I'll keep my Bullitt since I already have it and it checks all the blocks (fun to drive, sounds great, and good options to modify it). I would like to get an electric but the townhouse I live in only gives us space for two cars and my fiancé needs a car so I want something I enjoy.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Well if I can only have one going forward this is it.

2006-ford-gt-heritage-edition-gulf-blue-and-orange.jpg

Why? Because I will never be able to afford one and well if we are speaking hypothetically I mine as well dream big. I just love the look and the performance. I would rather have the earlier GT40 with the V8 instead of the latest edition with the Turbo V6. I love the sound and the lack of refinement. The Gulf livery is so iconic, who doesn't love this car?

EBC Brakes

Supporting Vendor

View attachment 81072

Why? Because I will never be able to afford one and well if we are speaking hypothetically I mine as well dream big. I just love the look and the performance. I would rather have the earlier GT40 with the V8 instead of the latest edition with the Turbo V6. I love the sound and the lack of refinement. The Gulf livery is so iconic, who doesn't love this car?
that's exactly the right thinking, go big or go home! ha

EBC Brakes

Supporting Vendor

View attachment 81072

Congratulations @EF1 , You are the winner! Please PM your full vehicle details (make, model, year & engine size) in the 'conversations', as well as your choice of pads and any part number (Can be found in the link in our signature) along with your full name and shipping address.

Thank you for participating, if you missed out don't worry, next month there will be another giveaway! Remember FORUM10USER code gets you 10% discount from the link in our bio

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Congratulations @EF1 , You are the winner! Please PM your full vehicle details (make, model, year & engine size) in the 'conversations', as well as your choice of pads and any part number (Can be found in the link in our signature) along with your full name and shipping address.

Thank you for participating, if you missed out don't worry, next month there will be another giveaway! Remember FORUM10USER code gets you 10% discount from the link in our bio
Thank you, I rarely win any drawings or contests like this. It couldn't come at a better time with the luck I have had this year. I blew my car budget this year on an MT-82 build that died a horrible death just after the recommended break in miles and the subsequent Tremec magnum XL swap that was needed to get the car back on track. My luck this year only got worse. I was hit on track by a car with brake issues 15 minutes into the first track session with the Tremec. The car is finally getting into the body shop next week to get put back together for next season. A free set of brake pads couldn't come at a better time as I prepare the car for the track in the spring. I have found the pad shape that I need for the S550 6 piston Brembo's, but not sure of which pad compound to get. I am looking at the RP1 or RPX compound. Does anyone have experience with either on an S197?

TMO Supporting Vendors