The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Fabman's build; How did we get here? Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Question please. I watched my pulls on the dyno and seem like they took so much longer than many others I have seen. ( Mustang Dyno) I have decent numbers @ 424 and 383 on 92 for basically bolt ons. Not sure if my intake is ported. Was on E85 but "detuned" due to track and location availability. I can't figure out the why my pulls are longer. I told him to give me a safe tune the whole way through the curve and don't lean me out just to show better numbers. Did my tuner put a different load on the dyno so he could look at things closer - kinda like a slow motion data so he could make more specific adjustments. It would be cool to see a dyno thread from independent tuners, not to disclose secrets but for the rational to reach a goal of a tune. - preferably track specific. My stuff is in my build thread. Sorry for the derail.
They are probably longer because you are making less power, so it takes longer to spin up the drum.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
This don't sound/look good.....................Oh Boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........I'm hopin for the best news we can get!!!!!!!!!!!!...at least the Fabman Frankenstang is still in one piece...............always think of the positive side of things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .............negatives are boring............................

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I assume that just means that another SUNDAY done and gone!
Yes, it was interesting...way too many slow cars on the track, got a talking to about aggressive passing....I watched the video 6 times and I have no idea what they are talking about. Never got a clean lap but what free space I had I was flying. 7:00 last night I got a call from a buddy that was at a track day at Thunderhill and he was broke down with his trailer....so I had to off load my trailer and drive the 2 hours out there and deal with his mess, then tow him 2 1/2 hours to Tracy, then 30 min home and got in bed at 3am....Boy am I tired.

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Oh, Franks motor expired in the first session....that's what he was referring to.
Gonna try to fix him up with some leftover 3 valve parts.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Shake down run at Sonoma. (Teaser)

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
98BCA3B3-FB41-474D-AA69-09939B5599B8.jpeg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Well well well.....you'll just never guess who's officially running in the NASA Nationals....
Hope I don't come in last. :rolleyes:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

TMO Supporting Vendors