The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Fabman's build; How did we get here? Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
No one needs to know that you are about to be lapped. (haha, just kidding)
Actually, that was the out lap so, no passing.
A few corners later the motor expired so he never even got a chance to have any fun.
I've been there as have many of us and its not a good time. :(

I was waiting for a pic like this! It needs to be in the TMO calendar. From what I see you guys really work close together and to be at the same place at the right time for an epic photo is just plain cool. When Frank gets his ride going again a Ford vs Ferrari moment with both of you going across the start finish line at the same time would be awesome! Might work on a cool down lap. Wouldn't be at speed but still neat.

Frank.JD.Perez

FJD Performance
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Pleasanton/Hayward, CA
I was waiting for a pic like this! It needs to be in the TMO calendar. From what I see you guys really work close together and to be at the same place at the right time for an epic photo is just plain cool. When Frank gets his ride going again a Ford vs Ferrari moment with both of you going across the start finish line at the same time would be awesome! Might work on a cool down lap. Wouldn't be at speed but still neat.
im happy to know i wasn't the only one hoping for a picture like this. literally have been looking forward to a moment like this to be captured for many years now

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
More Sonoma

92966044-_RJP7922.JPG

im happy to know i wasn't the only one hoping for a picture like this. literally have been looking forward to a moment like this to be captured for many years now
I'm sure I can speak for many of us here. You guys have taken things to the next level are have been / will be extremely successful. Many of us do not have the means, abilities or know how to ever get to the level that you are at and really enjoy seeing the progress after many years ( decades) of hard work. It gives us hope and maybe identify potential goals to shoot for. Those goals may not be actual racing but at a higher level within the hobby. Posting all of the upgrades and sharing of information, photos and steps of certain aspects of your builds helps give us ideas and indirect guidance for our vehicles. You guys and many others on here that have soooo much experience and willingness to share is what helps keep the hobby going for for anyone that is new! It's defiantly appreciated!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Thunderhill2D60C565-D56E-4538-BD8E-2128F2A5B5EB.jpeg8CBAAAD9-0D3C-4599-ABC2-48F8E7DCA8B3.jpeg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Great shots, that is one thing I wish we had more often in our Regions ( both SCCA and NASA ) is some killer photographers. It is a rare event where we have a Pro there to take pics for drivers and some of the ones you folks get on the West Coast, especially, are often of the killer Screen Saver variety. Thanks for sharing!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Great shots, that is one thing I wish we had more often in our Regions ( both SCCA and NASA ) is some killer photographers. It is a rare event where we have a Pro there to take pics for drivers and some of the ones you folks get on the West Coast, especially, are often of the killer Screen Saver variety. Thanks for sharing!
Those last 3 shots were taken by 3 different photographers.
We are swimming in talent here.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Out of curiosity, any turbo or s/c cars in your category?
Wait, I take that back....there is a Maserati bi turbo. Ran with him at Thunderhill.

I'm sure I can speak for many of us here. You guys have taken things to the next level are have been / will be extremely successful. Many of us do not have the means, abilities or know how to ever get to the level that you are at and really enjoy seeing the progress after many years ( decades) of hard work. It gives us hope and maybe identify potential goals to shoot for. Those goals may not be actual racing but at a higher level within the hobby. Posting all of the upgrades and sharing of information, photos and steps of certain aspects of your builds helps give us ideas and indirect guidance for our vehicles. You guys and many others on here that have soooo much experience and willingness to share is what helps keep the hobby going for for anyone that is new! It's defiantly appreciated!
Yes, Fabman has great abilities and resources, one of my favorite ( if not the favorite) mustangs..
However..
If you want the white trash version there's this one.
Thread 'Project Super Beater' https://trackmustangsonline.com/threads/project-super-beater.18253/

Frank.JD.Perez

FJD Performance
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Pleasanton/Hayward, CA
that little red maserati is one weird and cool looking car. def will be a lot of photos and videos from Nationals, so stay tuned for that

Yes, Fabman has great abilities and resources, one of my favorite ( if not the favorite) mustangs..
However..
If you want the white trash version there's this one.
Thread 'Project Super Beater' https://trackmustangsonline.com/threads/project-super-beater.18253/
Hey! I have been following your build all along and even tried to spend you money on wheel suggestions.😬 Does the little lamb need some attention? Here's a few extra likes for you. 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍. What you did with that car is fabulous and looks amazing! The new color matched spoiler took it over the top!

TMO Supporting Vendors