The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Fender liner delete?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
California
For a time attack S550, is there any advantage to keeping the front inner fender liners? Are there any disadvantages to deleting them? Thanks!
You can mess up the aerodynamics by removing the fender liner. If you remove the fronts, it will let a lot of high pressure air to build up behind the fender. If you plan to remove the liner I would recommend you vent the fender to avoid the high pressure build up. I've heard rumors on other cars that removing fender liner hurts mpg.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Colorado Springs
You can mess up the aerodynamics by removing the fender liner. If you remove the fronts, it will let a lot of high pressure air to build up behind the fender. If you plan to remove the liner I would recommend you vent the fender to avoid the high pressure build up. I've heard rumors on other cars that removing fender liner hurts mpg.

Yeah I would definitely vent the fender and/or have fender cutouts. I wonder if venting the rear/side of the fender would be sufficient, or if the top would need to be as well.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Colorado Springs
Update for anyone curious:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel