The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Finally got one

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChopSui said:
Right, but that track pack spoiler is different than mine. It has the middle part cut out.
Ah I missed that. Jeff bought his 2016 car used and it has a carbon2carbon rear spoiler installed. I didn't realize they were different. @808Boss what's the scoop on that?

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Love the Blue, but could be because it is the same color I ordered sans stripe! Has to be a showstopper on Maui and am sure you probably have the only GT350 on the Island - congrats!!!

Maui wowee

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I moved to Maui in 2006 right after I bought my Mustang.
Boy was I pissed when I found out the speed limit was only 45 mph.
Beautiful place, but 2 years was enough for me. Nice to be back on the planet.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
302BOB said:

Speed limit only 45? They must have saw you coming! Welcome back to the real world................as long as you don't get caught!!!.. ;)
Yup, rumor is that there is a short patch of Hiway (about a mile) somewhere in the boonies thats 55 mph but in two years on the rock I never saw it.

Of course that was some time ago....I moved off rock just as they were finally starting to upgrad the Piialani hiway. Things may have changed since then.

Maybe 808BOSS remembers this car from 06 to 08?

14595795_10154630649683535_5683689420441677461_n.jpg

Maui
VoodooBOSS said:
Ah I missed that. Jeff bought his 2016 car used and it has a carbon2carbon rear spoiler installed. I didn't realize they were different. @808Boss what's the scoop on that?

Yes I bought my 2016 tech pack used... only had 650 miles on it though. The original owner replaced the spoiler with the MMD Foose spoiler. I think he got it from American Muscle. It's actually not bad looking at all and I like it.. But I'd love to eventually get the carbon2carbon R spoiler....

Maui
Fabman said:
Yup, rumor is that there is a short patch of Hiway (about a mile) somewhere in the boonies thats 55 mph but in two years on the rock I never saw it.

Of course that was some time ago....I moved off rock just as they were finally starting to upgrad the Piialani hiway. Things may have changed since then.

Maybe 808BOSS remembers this car from 06 to 08?

14595795_10154630649683535_5683689420441677461_n.jpg

FAbman, yes I do remember your car on Maui. Sweet ride! Yes the low speed limits are annoying. Occasionally I do get a heavy foot when I see an empty stretch of road regardless of the limit.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
808Boss said:
FAbman, yes I do remember your car on Maui. Sweet ride! Yes the low speed limits are annoying. Occasionally I do get a heavy foot when I see an empty stretch of road regardless of the limit.
It was nice when the super ferry was running, I'd take weekend jaunts to Oahu to see my girl and tool around the island. Shame they shut it down.

TMO Supporting Vendors