The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

First HPDE in a while help on starting pressures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Wild Wonderful WV
This weekend I am running Rockingham Roval with the SCMC group. First track day for Roush 427R Trak Pak #56 although I tracked #39 extensively. Running RS4s square where would you recommend starting with air pressure. I have never been on this course before and it has new pavement this year. Also running camber of 2.75-3 degrees on the front. Thanks for your help.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Phoenix, AZ
Each tire will have its own sweet spot in terms of hot pressures, which you will only learn through experience and trial and error. You should also be able to feel when the tires are getting too hot and get greasy. Once you determine a baseline pressure the next piece of advice is to adjust each corner depending on the track. For instance, the track I run most often is comprised predominantly of fast, long right turns, which of course loads the driver’s side more than the passenger’s. Accordingly, I end up deviating my pressures knowing which tires will heat up faster than the others, so that they end up all being close to equal when up to temp and speed. So my car will start at about 29 DF, 31 DR, 32 PF, and 33 PR.

TMO Supporting Vendors