The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford plans a hot Mustang Mach-E Shelby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TX
is this going to compete with the Model X and Jag?

Considering the theorized power output of the Shelby version is still less than a M3 Performance, I doubt it. Very curious to see how Ford approaches this. Tesla's have a lot to lose in the handling department, but even their midrange variants trump the highest performance trims of everyone else in power and acceleration.

Will Ford try to go toe-to-toe on power and accel? Or will they prioritize handling?

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Nope. At the worst, they are developing options for the future.

Leaving the current money maker for a untried electric car.......Yea....right.

It'll be a slow transition. Start dribbling in performance models for this thing and give fewer and fewer options for the actual Mustang.

Also, the sky is falling, get off my lawn, and grab me another roll of tinfoil, my hat needs to be a little thicker.

I'm calling it now. This is Ford phasing out the Mustang we know and love and replacing it with this...abomination...
The growl...The howl....being replaced?....not in my life tyme..I hope!!!!!!Ford would lose a HUGE fan base if they tried a stunt like that......future or not you can't forget where you came from................and keep it going...............long live a V8..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
It'll be a slow transition. Start dribbling in performance models for this thing and give fewer and fewer options for the actual Mustang.

If this does happen, it will NOT be because of some design Ford has to change the public. It will be Ford reacting to a changing public.

Do you remember the changes Rambler made in their last few years??? Exactly.

Think about this for a minute. Is ford and the Mustang more likely to survive if they embrace change?? How ironic it will be when Ford and the current Mustang both survive BECAUSE of the Mach E and the line of vehicles which will follow.

Get the heavy Tin Foil at the commissary, it lasts longer. LOL

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel