The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

a Friend wrote a Mustang book...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
Hello everyone... a friend of mine from the Mustang Car Club of Omaha, Robert Kennedy, has spent 3 years writing a Mustang history book...

The Unexpected, Unauthorized... Unbridled
(the passion, performance & politics behind America's favorite pony car.)

I think it turned out great... Full of behind the scenes information and plenty of photographs throughout Mustang's history. I even had the chance to submit some photographs to help. It is a coffee table book, 372 pages long, and I believe the only pages without photos are the chapter divider pages.. it is broken down by Mustang generations and each generation is broken down into:
Inspiration
Development
Production
Special Editions & Racing
Retrospectively

It has been available at a few national Mustang events he has attended and he should be at the Mustang Roundup at Motorsports Park Hastings which is, of course, in Hastings Nebraska September 16th. He will also be at a few select other Mustang shows across the country, but I don't know his full schedule.

It is a beautifully illustrated hard bound book worth considering... the holidays are coming.. lol

His book's website incase you want more information.

20230815_154223.jpg

20230815_152414.jpg

It better be worth it! I just ordered one.
I admire anyone that can bring a book to fruition, it is something I would like to do myself.
If you want to put in under "general discussion" in Tire Guy Mafia I will approve it.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Way cool Rob. Does he bring the book to any of the Mustang Car Club of Omaha meetings, as I bet plenty of folks would like an autographed ( and personal ) copy for themselves. Thanks for posting this -- gotta love the pun in the title, unbridled, ha!

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
The last club meeting is where I picked up my book... like I said, he is planning on being at Hastings selling and signing his book... one of my photos that made it into the book is from a past Hastings Mustang Roundup...
For anyone interested, the book is about $130.. plus tax & shipping if not picked up in person...

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Robert M. Kennedy did a slide presentation about his book that had folks surprised at all the revelations about Mustangs built in other Counties , rare US models and proposals that almost made it past the drawing board and modeling. Lots of unknown trivia , and he sold a large quantity of his new Mustang book , " Unbridled " as it is beautifully done, well researched, and it exposes tons of corporate office politics that either helped or defeated a project. This is a book that any automotive enthusiast or historian should own , regardless if they are a Mustang fanatic. Solid reading ............

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Another reason to attend the roundup. Guest speakers. RMK along with his family came to the roundup, rode along for parade laps and signed books for anyone who purchased a copy. He was kind enough to include a generous discount for anyone purchasing a copy at the Roundup.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Great comment TMS, as over the past 13 years we have had numerous guest speakers from the President of American Shelby Corp. to a slew of Ford Engineers ( who also bring their cars and run with us ), to magazine Reporters and more.
The next year will be the 14th Annual Event and the rumors are we will have a special Mustang at the event and in past years we had these vehicles at Motorsports Park Hastings! The key is we often had them before some of the National Unveilings!

Ford GT
First year model S550
Newest GT 500 before they hit the Showrooms
Focus RS
GT 350Rs---- how about 3 of the first batch of 2015 models that numbered a total in the mid 30s.
Boss 302 LS with a matching Vin and Serial Plaque

These are just a few , but let's say Ford has been very generous giving Roundup Participants the scoop on many of the newest products. You need to plan now, even before you can register, because the event will be in the middle or third weekend in September. Rumor wise, I am in the " DARK " about what might be showing up in 24!

TMO members are often 25-33% of the drivers, so let's start planning now to make next year to corral all your friends, make them pony up some funds, because besides lots of track time, we do all tend to horse around after hours!

TMO Supporting Vendors