The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing Oil Separator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I wonder if this will work on 11-14 GT/Boss applications...

http://www.speednik.com/files/2014/11/frpp-115-640x426.jpg

Do you have a link to the part that's for sale? No reason why it wouldn't but you really want a breather if you can swing it. All of the DIY info is in the thread below.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=880.0

nly2.jpg

It's a pic from the FRPP parts display at SEMA last month. I'll see if I can dig up the part number...
I like this since it's small and according to Ford Racing, it's an engineered part and just plain works. I actually called them and asked them after my original post to ask them about it. If you look at the under hood pics from the show, this canister is on the 2015 Roush/FRPP supercharged car.

BigTaco said:
M-6766-A50 price MSRP $189.00
Should be for sale by January
Screw that, just buy a Watson breather and call it a day. That is way to much money for something that still has the possibility of letting some oil get into the intake.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Brandon302 said:
Screw that, just buy a Watson breather and call it a day. That is way to much money for something that still has the possibility of letting some oil get into the intake.

Agreed, although I'm surprised it took FRPP this long to realize the market potential.

For those that have the Watson/Peterson set up, do you get any fumes or smell in the cabin?

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
ArizonaBOSS said:
Agreed, although I'm surprised it took FRPP this long to realize the market potential.

Agreed! I think part of the problem would be the liability in 'admitting' that the cars could use the separator and arguably that they should have such a separator from the factory...or at least once you have the TracKey or Ford Racing tune (and engine braking/decel) that it really should be required. Probably should have been stock on the Bosses. I hope we see it on the GT350.

They did admit to one of my friends with the ProCal tune who was experiencing some ping on CA 91 octane that a separator would help.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
BigTaco said:
For those that have the Watson/Peterson set up, do you get any fumes or smell in the cabin?

I upgraded to the Peterson engine vent system before the 2014 spring-summer Boss season here on the east coast, ran the Boss all year under all conditions, (except rain), and never a whiff of any fumes. It even passed the wife test as she never never knew I installed it.

No fumes at all. Great system and my intake system is spotless. A big side benefit of this system is your engine oil will stay much cleaner for much longer periods of time/miles.

This has to be one of my top 3 mods, it's just that good.

Hope this helps,
Dave

There also appears to be a different version of the Peterson can designed to eliminate the possibility of fumes entering the cabin:

http://www.stangtv.com/tech-stories/engine/review-petersons-externally-vented-air-oil-separator/

TMO Supporting Vendors