The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing Parts Warranty?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was thinking about buying a Ford Racing oil separator FMS-M-6766-A50 for my 2012 Boss in place of the hanging JLT oil separator. I usually try to buy from Summit's Race shop and happened to notice the warranty (shown below) for this part and I guess all Ford racing parts. Should I interpret this as "if we produce bad quality parts......sorry about your luck"? How low can Ford go? Does this have anything to do with changing the racing parts division's name every couple of years?

"Ford Racing parts are sold "as is" without any warranty whatsoever. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of such parts is with the buyer. The buyer, and not the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair. Parts thought to be defective upon initial installation can be returned for inspection and will be handled case-by-case. The exception to this warranty is that Ford Racing Performance warrants to the original retail purchaser for 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first, that it will repair or replace, at its option, using new or remanufactured parts, Ford Racing Performance Parts engine covered parts that, after inspection, are found to have failed due to a defect in factory-supplied materials or workmanship. The customer must contact Ford Racing Performance Parts directly at (586) 468-1356 regarding this warranty."

Tim

Most Ford Racing parts have never had warranties, so what you posted is nothing new. Almost all performance parts have no warranty. But, if you do have a problem and call Ford Performance, they are very good about trying to resolve issues.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Track key came with a 36-36 warranty. Correct?

I had a set of LCAs from Ford racing. I had to shim one end because of a gap around the bushings. No problem, I enjoy a challenge. I mentioned the issue on this site to see if others saw the same thing, some had. I was contacted by a member who worked at Ford and was part of the development team for the Boss program. He let me know that there was a packaging problem with a vender who had put the wrong arms in the package and shipped them. He asked for my mailing address. A few days later new arms arrived along with a windshield banner and apology from Ford for the mistake.

That's service!!!! I'll pay for.

Track Key does have a warranty. So do some of the Ford Performance crate engines.

Go here for warranty details:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/

I've purchased parts from Ford Motorsport/FRPP/Ford Racing for over three decades. They have always taken care of me. Most recently, I was shipped an oil separator for my GT350 that was defective. Not only did they replace parts more than once but the engineer that designed them got ahold of me and answered most every technical question I posed to him. In essence, I always feel as though they have my back.

I also have a warehouse distributor, Mike at Buyfordracing, that has taken care of me for over 25 years. He has escalated some of my concerns and each time yielded positive results. I feel lucky to have as good of a business relationship with him as I do.

The issue of warranty is somewhat of a legal obstacle and I'm thankful that the automotive aftermarket has continued to thrive what with the litiguous environment at the moment.

TMO Supporting Vendors