The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing Performance Gauge on Sale $129!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA
For all you '12 street Boss owners who wish they had the '13 LCD display or a '12 LS gauge pack, this is the performance gauge that was included in the gauge pack of the '12 LS and has many of the same performance computer features that the '13 LCD display has (just not in graphics). You can mount it in the dash using the Roush vent gauge pod (like I plan to do) or any other 2 1/16" pod. I already have mine on the way. 8)

This thing was over $200 so for $129 and free shipping now is the time to buy if you have been on the fence.
Link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321118803806?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2661

GA
Does anyone know what kind of dimming the dash in the '12 Mustang has? The instructions mention something about pulse width modulation dimming (versus resistive dimming I suppose) and that you have to make an alternate connection if you have that.

[pdf]http://www.imboc.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22002&d=1368156658[/pdf]

GA
I finally installed the gauge. I have to go back an work on the dimming function, but otherwise it works fine and looks great. Here is a demonstration vidieo. I will post some tips and several pictures on the install soon. They will be helpful for almost any gauge installation in a '12-'13 Boss.
FRPPgauge_zps2af5eff1.jpg

https://vimeo.com/70267176

GA
I was playing around with my gauge at lunch time while sitting in the parking lot wasting gas running the AC in the hot GA sun. ::)

Here is the gauge in real-time mode where it measures lateral and forward G's. The value appears in the readout and the LED graphs lights up left or right.
FRPP_DPIC_zps41061f68.jpg

Here is the quarter mile mode which has a drag tree that measures your reaction time. Who needs that '13+ stinkin' LCD screen. ;)FRPP_DPIC_Tree1_zps463743b7.jpg
FRPP_DPIC_Tree2_zps2904288b.jpg
FRPP_DPIC_Tree3_zps3b3713f2.jpg

GA
kona768 said:
Looks good, how was the install b/c I not good at wiring.

Thanks. It was not bad at all, although I have some electrical and electronics experience. I plan to post some photos and tips in the near future when I have some time. The dimmer wire and ground connect right below the gauge location, and running the 12V power wire was a pretty clear route over the gauges, over the top of the radio and glove box, and down into the passenger footwell fuse box. I did not have to mess with the center console or radio to snake it over. I recommend wrapping all wires in friction tape since there is a lot of metal back there to cut into the wires.

TMO Supporting Vendors