The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing Six Piston Calipers and Two Piece Rotors M-2300-T

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo said:
Also does anyone know of specific 18"x9 or 10" wheels that will work with the 15" brembo setup?
Steve
If I recall correctly I was told the FR BBS wheels will clear those calipers but hopefully Mark can confirm that. I'd like to know if the Enkei PF01's will clear.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Thanks Rick
I just want to know that 1 type will work and plan to go forward. Mass of the rotor alone will help with temperature and increased diameter gives greater leverage therefore brake torque. Downside is increased rotational mass and I don't know what the pad shape number is for race pads.
Steve

Hard to say what kind of improvement those six-piston calipers and 15" rotors will make without knowing a little bit more like pad compound, size and shape. They got rather poor reviews in standard 2013 GT500 configuration (which at this point I'm willing to chalk up to pad compound). The calipers do look a lot like the ones used on the Brembo GT 380mm kits.

It's also a shame those two-piece rotors are drilled. I've had first hand experience with Brembo cross drilled rotors cracking.

There also doesn't appear to be much in the way of pad and rotor options currently available for this setup (if anyone is aware of anything, please let me know).

Sesshomurai

mwilson7 said:
The part number for the fan is M-8C607-MSVT with a retail price of $299 (you should be able to find it for much less) and is available right now. It is definitely an upgrade over the base fan in both CFM of the fan and as others have noted has the flapper doors. We put these on the 2012 Boss 302S and definitely noticed a difference.

It's a direct bolt/plug-in.

Is it a low profile fan that allows room for an intercooler?
Also, wasn't able to find this part anywhere.

NFSBOSS said:
If I recall correctly I was told the FR BBS wheels will clear those calipers but hopefully Mark can confirm that. I'd like to know if the Enkei PF01's will clear.

The 18" X 9.5/10" BBS wheels clear the 15" calipers but watch where you put your wheel weights. I also know that there are a number of 18" wheels that will not clear them.

Depending on how hard you are on your brakes you should also see a difference with the 15", 6 piston Brembo kit. There are SSSOOOO many variables that going into the braking system that it's pretty hard to give a one size fits all answer but with larger thermal capacity and larger pad area the odds are in your favor to see an improvement over the stock 4 piston 14" kit that comes stock on the Boss 302.

More modifications.....I know..... ;D

cloud9 said:
Will the fan still work with my 302S radiator? I think it's "thicker" so not sure if the fan would still fit?

mwilson7 said:
The part number for the fan is M-8C607-MSVT with a retail price of $299 (you should be able to find it for much less) and is available right now. It is definitely an upgrade over the base fan in both CFM of the fan and as others have noted has the flapper doors. We put these on the 2012 Boss 302S and definitely noticed a difference.

It's a direct bolt/plug-in.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Has anyone addressed the question yet on if this radiator will make any difference when the Boss is at track speed and the radiator motor is normally off ?

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
PeteInCT said:
Has anyone addressed the question yet on if this radiator will make any difference when the Boss is at track speed and the radiator motor is normally off ?

Given that the shroud has flaps and they're around the lower area of the radiator, I'd have to say yes, this would make a small difference. I'd probably opt for a larger radiator before purchasing this part, however I think its probably in my plans to use one of these fans eventually.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
I can't find any info on the M-2300-T, but I have been looking at the StopTech's lineup. They offer a 15" 2-piece with their ST-60, 6-piston calipers. I just picked up a set of Team Dynamics 18x10 Pro Race 1.3 for track days. They clear the Brembos by a mile, so I printed off StopTech's clearance cutout and sure enough, those honkin' 15 inchers fit with a fair amount of room to spare. I wouldn't even sweat wheel weight position! Too bad there is nothing offered for the rears. I would like nothing more than to ditch that crappy V6 caliper with the built-in parking brake...I hate changing those pads out!

cloud9 said:
I believe the fan is integral to the design of the radiator and that there is also an integrated water to oil cooler as part of this kit from Fluidyne. It is supposed to drop right in to the factory radiator location. The core and tubing are also completely different than our stock radiators. I am not aware that you can just add the fan, but I only know what Mickey described to me over the phone at this point. I would need to research further to find out for sure.

That sounds like the NASCAR radiators that are all over ebay.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
Rite. Well it's time for one of you warm weather guys to try it out ;)

Don't look at me; I'm hoping the car is going to be very robust w/ the FRPP oil cooler installed now.

The new fan is for sale on Rehagan Racing's site for $248.98. It states that it is original equipment for the 2013 GT500:

http://www.rehagenracingproducts.com/2005-2013-MUSTANG-PERFORMANCE-COOLING-FAN-M-8C607-MSVT.htm

TMO Supporting Vendors