The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Forgestar F14 18 x 11 Wheels Front versus Rear Fitment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VooDooBOSS said:
Thanks for the update.

Just a word of caution that my understanding is the CF5 18" wheels fit over the 15" six piston caliper/rotor setup but I'm not sure the F14 does. The CF5 has more clearance due to a different barrel design.

That is correct. F14 does NOT fit over the 6 piston calipers. Only the CF5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I believe what I read from the guys that were doing 18x11 rotatable Forgelines is that you do 18x11 +47mm offset, with a 12mm spacer for the fronts. Obviously, ARP studs are needed for this to work.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Surfergeek said:
Here is the quick info ... I'll make another thread with pictures and all the details and link here.

Album on Flickr with all the pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/surfergeek/albums/72157660194695686
Short version:

I ordered Forgestar CF5 wheels 18"X11" +52mm Offset

Wrapped them in NTO1 305/35R18 Tires.

I have a square set-up that fits front and rear, no problems with clearances in the rear (sway bars, end links, control arm relocation brackets, all plenty of clearance).

I have Cortex Racing Offset for 315 tire coilovers in the front. With no spacer, the rim goes on in front, but it's very close to the strut.

You can run the Forgestar center caps that come stock with the wheels, they clear the hub centers in the front with this much offset.

With a 5mm spacer, it has plenty of clearance in all aspects and that could be run.

I'll be running an 8mm hub centric spacer, it gives me a bit more turning radius / scrub radius and keeps me in the factory scrub radius and gives me a touch more clearance for my brake cooling ducts.

Requirements:

Extended Length Studs
I have about -1.8 of Camber and looks like no fender rolling will be required
Steering stops probably a precaution to take just a little out if you have brake cooling ducts or the like. (I'll be putting in a set of Roush stops as a precaution)

Here is the great part that we found today.

Test fit on a 2010 GT on Koni struts/springs with Brembo 15" 6 piston brakes in the front.

1. CF5 in this offset has tons of clearance around the 6 piston calipers. You can run a 15" brake set-up and still run an 18" wheel with these wheels.
2. You can still run an 11" square set-up even on struts springs, but likely would want a slightly different offset.

In our test fitting, 5mm of spacer wasn't enough (Rim contacted the strut).
A 10mm spacer was very close to getting it done but still too close.
A 15mm spacer gave adequate clearance.

For someone without the Cortex offset strut housing / struts springs it looks like you could go with a +55mm offset (be fine in back) and run 8-10mm of spacer in the front. If you are comfortable with 15mm of spacer in the front, the +52mm offset would work for you too.

A quick plug for Auto RnD (source for my forgestar wheels) Rishie (owner) is a great guy and very knowledgeable when it comes to wheels and suspension set-ups. I have done business with him for 15 years and he is a standup guy. He also can source Enkei's in prime fitments or just about anything else you could want.

His site: http://www.autornd.com/ Give him a call.
Have you tried this offset with 315 R7's...?

I have not used it with anything other than the NT01 listed above but from observations a 315 tire would fit. Might be a little wide for the 11" rim though. Though it's all speculation on my part.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Surfergeek said:
I have not used it with anything other than the NT01 listed above but from observations a 315 tire would fit. Might be a little wide for the 11" rim though. Though it's all speculation on my part.

Hoosier calls for an 11" wheel for the 315.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Surfergeek said:
Nice! Should work then.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Loved your write up:)

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
LS110 said:
I am running Forgestar 18" x 11" fronts and 12" rears with 315 (Pirelli & R7s) square. I have a 6mm spacer upfront although Forgestar was saying it was not needed, yet clearly it is for my set-up. Forgestar will not disclose their offset. I did not roll the fender and I have not had any rubbing.
What offset are you using on those 12" rears and do you have true coilovers or is the rear spring in the stock location?

Fabman said:
What offset are you using on those 12" rears and do you have true coilovers or is the rear spring in the stock location?

Vorshlag who I bought these from won't state the offset and I have not made the effort to measure it. Good point on the coilers as these are (MCS) TT Double Adjustable Dampers, and the rear spring is in the stock location.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
LS110 said:

Vorshlag who I bought these from won't state the offset and I have not made the effort to measure it. Good point on the coilers as these are (MCS) TT Double Adjustable Dampers, and the rear spring is in the stock location.
Thanks for the reply. Seems like anything with more that about 8" of back spacing will hit the springs.
Might get 8.250 in there but not much more which limits me to an 11" wheel at most without doing major body work.
I was hoping I was wrong, but I was mistaken. ;)

JTB

STANG
Tried out the 315/680s on my 10.5" Enkeis. Not sure that I needed to but I used my 6mm spacers on the front. It was a very wet day so while I was not pusing them hard the fit worked fine.

FullSizeRender_zps7xusbilh.jpg
FullSizeRender_zpsozfnsfw3.jpgFullSizeRender_zpsmdc9a23i.jpg
FullSizeRender_zpsrhjr2ucn.jpg
FullSizeRender_2_zpseeqvw4tp.jpg

How was the Turn In with that tall a side wall on that tire?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel