The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Found my ordered Boss on EBAY by selling dealer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Re: Found my car on EBAY

They may just be trying to protect themselves, some people back out at the last minute.

Do they not have to honor the "contract" with the wining bidder for said VIN ? I guess they would just take a standings hit if not. Nowhere in the listing do they state that they can/will end auction early if sold locally. Looking at the ad I noticed it is from another dealer in their "group"'. Waiting for a return call from dealer.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)

93 LX 5.0 said:
For s**** and grins I was checking listings for Bosses on EBAY and found my dealer has listed a Boss with the VIN that has been issued to my car that I have on order from them !! ???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110876550945
Just playing the devil's advocate role so don't jump over me - you say the vehicle is yours - why do you say this?.... have you put any money down on the vehicle? ...do you have a written agreement anywhere with the seller?

MMD

they took zero deposit? sounds bad. if someone rolls in with 10k over msrp they will probably sell it.

Yep. Luckly another local dealer now shows having 2 of the same comming in, when they told me their allocations had been spoken for. Will get sorted out tomorrow.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)

93 LX 5.0 said:
Down pmnt offered, yet not taken. Signed "buyers order" with order number, yes.
Sorry to say this 93 but they got you over a barrel. But the good news is that they cannot hold you to purchasing this vehicle if they do not/cannot sell the vehicle. Here's what I would do it your situation, walk away from it. Check in with Bill Pemberton on this forum. Great guy. He's a decent guy and a dealer and a Boss guy. At least talk with him. I just saw in another forum directory on BMO he was selling another Boss (or is it 2). I'm sure you could work with him. Let us know how things work out.

MMD

some dealers so crappy things. maybe you're fine and they are using the ebay add for publicity or something.

I would think they are looking to make more money. Say nothing to them. Act like the deal is good. Look for another dealer and order from another dealer. You have nothing to lose. No deposit sounds fishy. My dealer took $500 & said it was fully refundable. Some car dealers are scum!

They don't need to hold it for you if no money changed hands, and deposits are effectively always refundable. They can only keep the deposit if they prove harm, and it almost always ends up having punitive bad faith damages if it goes to court.

If you pay for the car in advance and go through the purchase paperwork to give you title (once vin is known), then you are pretty much stuck even if it shows up wrecked. But I only know of one dealer that has ever tried to require that, and I laughed as I walked out the door.

I had given them a signed authorization to charge my cc 2k for a "non-refundable" deposit which they did not do. I was going to go today to get final numbers for my bank but had to put off for tomorrow, then I saw it on EBAY. I have confidence it will get resolved. As for my back-up plan (other dealer), busted, both cars are spoken for.

Side note, there will be at least 3 GHIG Boss 302's in the Knoxville TN area.

Thanks for the support.

There will be many Bosses for sale over and over they still have the 12s out there that have not sold yet so no worries but I will say this make damn sure if you deal with them you are getting a great deal or walk away I wont say what I paid may piss some people off just know that you can get the Boss at a great price.

My bet is the Internet sales guy doesn't know it's already spoken for. At least I hope so. ;D

BOSS1289 said:
Did you get it free Jeep? If not, it won't piss me off. ;)

I have to laugh at some of the folks who think they got such the better deal or are so much smarter.
The comment was not being a smart ass at all.

I was kind of suprised the salesman called me at 8:45 last night (expected but suprised). Today I was told, that basically it was not put in their system that the car was spoken for and reassured me that it is mine no matter what kind of offer they get. I won't belive it till I get the keys in my hands.

TMO Supporting Vendors