The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

FP350S crash at VIR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hear you there, I refrain from viewing a binded car after it‘s return to the paddock. Seen a few on the track as I passed by them & after seeing them, gotta refocus on what’s in front of me. There could be some liability issues with posting photos of videos also.
TMO has a genersl policy that unless you are directly involved with the car, they won't post pics. There have been a couple of times where I did, as a learning point about roll cage construction, on car that I crewed on. That is also the reason I didn't post pics of the fatal at Daytona, that wasn't the point, finding out about what went wrong is.
Like I've said before, I have a proffessional interest in this as I am a certified fire insrtuctor with 32 years of experience, and I advised on the writing of NFPA 610, the motorsports emergency response standard. I also ran the pit sid eof the St. Petersburg GP from about 2000 to 2010.
Funny about that, I was on the fire crew , then crewed on the car that won that race in 2017.
It's odd, some teams are very anal about posting pics of damaged cars, some could care less, so if you plan on doing that you should always ask before taking the pic.

TMO has a genersl policy that unless you are directly involved with the car, they won't post pics. There have been a couple of times where I did, as a learning point about roll cage construction, on car that I crewed on. That is also the reason I didn't post pics of the fatal at Daytona, that wasn't the point, finding out about what went wrong is.
Like I've said before, I have a proffessional interest in this as I am a certified fire insrtuctor with 32 years of experience, and I advised on the writing of NFPA 610, the motorsports emergency response standard. I also ran the pit sid eof the St. Petersburg GP from about 2000 to 2010.
Funny about that, I was on the fire crew , then crewed on the car that won that race in 2017.
It's odd, some teams are very anal about posting pics of damaged cars, some could care less, so if you plan on doing that you should always ask before taking the pic.
you speak, we listen……thats why i like this site. We are all hardcore racers without ego’s and we respect everyones decisions and reasoning.

What?

I put them on almost immediately. Hence the photo in the post that you replied to that I shared earlier in this post with them already installed on the car.

View attachment 91277
Ohhh i thought that was a recent pic. They look good

FYI on this kind of thing, Phoenix lost a car at the runoffs this year. Hit a ditch, vaulted a wall, went end over end and rolled into the woods. The cage stayed intact and the driver walked away. The car was so entangled that they left it there for the rest of the day so removal wouldn't hold up the schedule.
If any of you want to see proper race car construction, I would highly recomend a trip to the fab shop at Phoenix Performance, Phoenixville, PA.

TMO Supporting Vendors