The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

FYI prints from Fordimages.com

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For those of us who have ordered the prints similar to this http://fordimages.com/perl/noOptions.pl?skuProductID=440. Recently mine decided to release itself from the wall causing slight damage and scuffing to the frame and face. In order to repair this, I took it to a very well respected frame shop locally and got them to assess the situation. Upon inspection, they said it was quite easily repairable, change the front plastic, change the frame etc. Upon opening it up, they discovered that the matting around the picture itself was not "acid free". They informed me that after a few years or maybe longer that the image would likely start to yellow and eventually destroy the piece. The also looked at the cardboard in the back of the picture and claimed it was not a very "professional" looking mounting technique. While they were changing the plastic face, I also got them to change it to no glare Lexan. What a difference... So basically this is just a warning to all of you who have ordered this or similar items, if you want it to last and not discolor, change the matting at very least, if anyone is interested in a complete breakdown further than what I have listed feel free to contact me. I don't mean to slander Fordimages.com, I just thought I would try and save everyone's expensive collector pieces.

Thanks.

Those were my thoughts exactly, so I figured I would warn everyone so in a few years they don't have an expensive ruined poster.

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
Thanks for the heads up...greatly appreciated!

What a bummer though.....to think what we paid for these.....and to not have quality components like acid free matting ....very disappointing.

Wayne

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel