The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Get out today and Vote!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Regardless of your Political Party or leanings, take advantage of your right to vote in this great Democracy! For those of us who have lived in other Countries, it is much easier to see what a blessing we have in the US to vote and be a part of decisions on how things are governed. Sure we do not always agree, but all of us can still exercise our right to vote as we please. This is not a Dictatorship where a vote is nothing more than a tally , we are in a personal position to make our feelings known. So take this blessed right, vote how you feel, and it is especially important in your area of the US, as folks often are apathetic when there are many very important proposals within their own State.

Good example is in my State, where a minimum wage rule is being put on the Ballot. Regardless of how one feels this is a vote that will affect folks in many ways , regardless of the outcome, so it is just one reason ( there are many ) we all need to vote. There are other very important items in each State, not just the normal Governor, Senate, and House voting, so exercise your right.

We often do not realize what a huge benefit we have in America, so however you may feel , go make your mark on a Ballot today.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Agree TMS, voting days are always interesting. In 50 years of voting I have never gotten all my choices , haha! So many different things to make our personal choices on, but I am so thankful we are allowed to go to the polls and use this right.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I dunno, an argument can be made that people who don't want to vote are best left out of the process. The thought is that if forced to vote they'd likely check the first box on the ballot and walk away, which could lead to some really bad outcomes. That would be worse than not voting at all, IMHO.

Personally, I vote, I have never missed an opportunity to vote in all 3 levels of government elections.
Turn out for votes is not great these days, municipal elections are usually the lowest turnout and yet the people running for municipal roles are the closest to us and potentially can have the biggest impact on citizens.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Nice to see you have voted every time you have had a chance JDee. Both the US and Canada have to rank as two of the strongest Democracies in the World --- our right to vote has to be an integral part of that!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I guess you guys are a "little" more stable then down here in Latin America... the problem here, was that most people didn't want to go out and vote, So with only 40% of the population voting, then the unhinged 21% can sent the country into a tail spin.

TMO Supporting Vendors