The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Goodyear Tire prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
NC
Appears Goodyear has become proud of the SC3 305-30/19. Despite not having them in stock for over a year, they have had TWO price increases. They are now $519 each compared to the SC3R at $424. Appears Tire Rack will finally have stock in SC3 around April 7

Agreed, it's a bummer I really liked that tire but not at $500 per and unavailable. GY does have some decent discounts especially if you are USAA.

I moved over the 3R which is awesome and faster but not as benign as the SC3 and doesn't last as long in my experience. But available, which is a good start. I think I'll do another round of the 3R.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Thats is too much for a tire that is not that fast. The kumho @ $381 is a better deal now for similar performance and wear levels. Nankang CRS is $369 and faster than both of these, with good wear also. More like RT660 level of grip and wear.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
Thats is too much for a tire that is not that fast. The kumho @ $381 is a better deal now for similar performance and wear levels. Nankang CRS is $369 and faster than both of these, with good wear also. More like RT660 level of grip and wear.
If the CRS is like the CR1, you cant compare that to the SC3. CR1 for me is sloppy as hell in 3 laps, supercar3 handles the heat quite a bit better. For TT ok fine the nankang is a little quicker.

We ran the Goodyear SC3s in WRL, they were monsters, set fastest lap 9 hours into the race. So they sure didn't fall off in performance.
Wow, thats the regular supercar 3? Not the 3r? Crazy you guys ran them for that long but its a great tire in my experience. I just gave up running them because of price and availability.

Wow, thats the regular supercar 3? Not the 3r? Crazy you guys ran them for that long but its a great tire in my experience. I just gave up running them because of price and availability.
There were some red flags and rain, but it was about 11 hours into the race, so I estimated about 9 hours of actual race time at Daytona, we can't run the 3R because we are limited to the 200TW tire. We would've been fine running them the entire race, but we did make a change (not really for the better) late in the race.
Here's the link

TX
The SC3 is the best 200tw tire for HPDE and endurance I've experienced. Has all the right characteristics - life, gradual roll off, pretty good outright pace, etc. Sucks to see the price and availability issue.

I am running the new Khumos on the Miata and have been very impressed. Not quite as fast as a RE71R, but a hell of a lot cheaper.

TX
The v730s? I just ran them for the first time this past weekend. Very very pleased

Yeah. they're really forgiving. I might or might not have locked them up a handful of times now and they're still working great. haha.

Great to hear they're working on a big heavy car too.

I've heard the Conti ECF is the new "best" 200tw HPDE tire.
@SMGDHG got something like 45 heat cycles out of them. Best of all, they don't cost as much as A7's! ** cough SC3 cough ** 😆
I really want to try these too. I haven't had a chance yet. I've heard they give up a bit on pure speed, but wear like iron.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Considering that the " Gold Standard " for track rubber ( Hoosiers ) have gone from $1600 to $2600 over the past 2-3 years, I can't complain much about Goodyears going up in price. I absolutely love Hoosiers, would argue for hours in a group discussion that they are the best DOT track tire on the Planet, but........................the savings I can get with 3Rs would make a third set free in spent dollars! Or if I go through two sets of 3Rs, the savings alone would pay over 4 - 5 entry fees for track time.

For those with USAA membership you can still get a set of 305/19s, shipped to your nearest Goodyear Dealer where they mount and balance them in the prepaid package, and you can keep it under 1500 dollars. When you factor in mounting, dismounting, balancing, etc. on a new set of Hoosiers the price has an even bigger spread.

The other conversation that comes up often for those wondering about running 18s or 19s ( Blacksheep 1 and others routinely tell those who can use either to go with the 18s ) a set of 315/30/18 R7 Hoosiers is 500 dollars less than a set of 315/30/19s. That would have kept me using Hoosiers, but as I need 19s now, there is just no justification. Granted I will run a slightly smaller tire ( 305/30/19 ) but the dollars speak in this case.

The advantage for those wanting 18s may not be as great, but there are still more options in that size if it works for your car?

I've been looking at the GY SC3s for my 10" wide "backup wheels" to my usual 11". Just a couple weeks ago I got a set of 275/40R18's from Tire Rack for $277 ea, about $35 cheaper than the 275/35R18's. I actually prefer the 40 ratio just because it has a tad more height, I'm already 1.5" less than the stock tires on my PP1.

I assumed it was perhaps an unpopular size, and the ones I received had 2021 date codes. However I just looked and they're now $303 ea, so yeah looks like they're playing with pricing. (The 35 ratio are still $313.)

CA
Yeah. they're really forgiving. I might or might not have locked them up a handful of times now and they're still working great. haha.

Great to hear they're working on a big heavy car too.

I really want to try these too. I haven't had a chance yet. I've heard they give up a bit on pure speed, but wear like iron.
I can't recommend the ECF enough. I have tried most of the 200tw tires and although the ECF's are a consistent 1-2s behind the front runners of the 200tw group, the longevity they have has made up for it when I look at the grand scheme of things. It's the longest lasting tire I have ever ran.

For reference, I got 10 events out of my NT01's before they chorded (this tire is held to a gold standard for wear, especially on this website), 9 events out of my RS4's, 6 events out of RT660's and 12 events out of my ECF's. I average ~3.75 heat cycles (sessions) per event.

IMO, unless you are fast enough to truly extract the performance of the "fastest" 200tw tires, you are simply wasting money by buying anything but the ECF.

I present everyone with the scenario I run in my head......

Two identical cars, each with their own driver. One driver is on "slower" $1500 tires, the other is on "faster" $2500 Hoosiers. Both cars achieve the same lap time. What does this mean? It means Hoosier guy is quite literally throwing money away. His driving skills are not there to extract the extra performance the Hoosiers offer.

This is an expensive hobby, tires are by far the most expensive part of it. If I can lower my consumables cost by hundreds of dollars per event, still get the lap times I need, and still have fun, why wouldn't I?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel