The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tires… yes again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you talked to your buddies out at Atlantic Motorsports Park, as I would imagine many of them have not only found a tire good for the surface of that track ( have heard it is a little coarse ) as well as for the weather in Nova Scotia. Can you get the RE71RS in Canada , and do check Canada's tire wholesalers , but though they will not likely last you a couple of years they will work well on the street, the track and the autocross. You will like find , like so many of us, that tires are your first and main improvement, so maybe you buy them sooner, but you can save on all the other things folks buy that really don't help nearly as much, ha.

Have you talked to your buddies out at Atlantic Motorsports Park, as I would imagine many of them have not only found a tire good for the surface of that track ( have heard it is a little coarse ) as well as for the weather in Nova Scotia. Can you get the RE71RS in Canada , and do check Canada's tire wholesalers , but though they will not likely last you a couple of years they will work well on the street, the track and the autocross. You will like find , like so many of us, that tires are your first and main improvement, so maybe you buy them sooner, but you can save on all the other things folks buy that really don't help nearly as much, ha.
I got a used set of Maxxis RC-1 showing up whenever @Cornerz gets back from Ontario so those will be my track tires and I got a set of street tires which will last me this year

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel