The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Gt350/R rotor question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are the rotors replaceable separate from the hat?

How do they hold up? For track days?

I go thru a LOT of rotors on the z06, granted those are one piece low end bits.

How much to replace?

Who makes them?

Thanks.

Are the rotors replaceable separate from the hat? No

How do they hold up? For track days? They hold up well from what I have seen.

I go thru a LOT of rotors on the z06, granted those are one piece low end bits.

How much to replace? About $250 each

Who makes them? They are outsourced to a company in Germany but it is not Brembo. Can't recall who at the moment.

Thanks.

I have six track days on my rotors using Pagid RS29 pads and I'm getting small cracks around the holes. I'm not concerned yet but I'm keeping an eye on them. Will I get a dozen track days out of them? I'm not sure but I don't think so, maybe 10. Luckily they are relatively affordable. As already mentioned the rings are not replaceable and they are pretty light for their size. They make a cool pinging sound when you pull into the paddock after a track session. :rolleyes: You can switch to a Girodisc two piece and save about 1.5 lbs per rotor but I think the main advantage is their slotted rings will probably last longer. Mine look similar to the rotors in the thread below.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/threads/front-rotor-cracks.12136/

For more info member @Tob wrote a great article on the SHW rotors over on SVT. These are the same rotors used on Audi R8's and several other German cars.

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/gt350-shw-composite-brake-discs.1046407/

TMO Supporting Vendors