The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OMG!

T66f6_fJs9HfRQYj38ZiUUpbtB0volqhlCkw49UARgdyWMCW0D.jpg

NFSBOSS said:
I think the stock R exhaust is going to work well at sound challenged tracks like Laguna Seca. 8)

https://youtu.be/QiSUwFz27dA

yep...pretty sure only one of those settings is going to fly at LS. hope that button is handy. Driver checklist: clean exit from 4, up a gear, exhaust to quiet mode, brakes, grab a gear, through 5, up the hill...brakes, through 6...exhaust set back to 'stun'...carry on.

fuhrius said:
yep...pretty sure only one of those settings is going to fly at LS. hope that button is handy. Driver checklist: clean exit from 4, up a gear, exhaust to quiet mode, brakes, grab a gear, through 5, up the hill...brakes, through 6...exhaust set back to 'stun'...carry on.
That's exactly how I described it to my son. ;D

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I think we already saw the individual versions of these videos, but not with the two cars chasing each other like this.

If I'm wrong, watch it again anyways!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dFYlJOykGg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
kbwhite60 said:
Great Video, brings back memories of BTA school. Its a shame the track is probably going to be gone.
Very Sad :(

Don't be so sure of that. Tooele County supposedly has a number of bids on the facility already, and the county's intention is to keep it a motorsports facility.
We won't know anything for sure until they announce what the deal is, but there is still hope.

Anyways this is a bit off-topic; there is another thread here specifically related to the potential closing of MMP. https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=9591

Black Boss said:
Grattan is my local track. My PB with Boss is a 1:29.2. Using a timer on the video he ran a 1:28.4, he had a passenger and was not in the R and wasn't pushing the car hard....

Looks hopeful :)
After watching that video a few times I thought Ford needs to hire you for demo drives. ;) I'm pretty sure it's an R. One thing I noticed was his comment on the tires. Not having owned Cup 2 or Trefeo R tires my bet is the Trefeo R tires are at least a second a lap faster on a two mile track or more. I have a friend that switched from Cup 2 to Trefeo R's tires on his C6 Z06 and he's way faster on the Trefeo. Another member went from NT01's to Trefeo R's with a similar result on his Boss.

Black Boss said:
Grattan is my local track. My PB with Boss is a 1:29.2. Using a timer on the video he ran a 1:28.4, he had a passenger and was not in the R and wasn't pushing the car hard....

Looks hopeful :)
Wow I'll say. If your PB in the Boss with all your mods and driving skills is above what he ran in the video, that's saying something. One of my biggest fears is going out in the new car and running slower in "stock" form. If my car makes it in time for the Roundup, I'm planning to get it there, and even it I don't compete it I want to run some hot laps. I'm just hoping it runs competitively with the Boss, but don't necessarily expect it to run faster. Based on this, maybe my expectations aren't high enough.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel