The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

HANS with OEM belts Yes/No

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had been debating on getting a HANS device for some time now and recently found a slightly used one on ebay for a good price so I bought it (Sport 2 model). My 69 Firebird track/street car will be finished soon and I intend to use the HANS mainly with it since it has a 10-point cage, 5-point belts, Sparco Evo seat, and no air bags. I track my '13 Boss 302 each summer and I now have a GT350 track pack that I intend to take to HPDE's. Is the HANS compatible with OEM seat belts, or are they only intended to be used with shoulder belts? Thanks for the input!

The HANS was designed for use with a properly installed harness as it requires the shoulder straps to keep the HANS in place during an impact and thus preventing your helmeted head from detaching basically from your body. Using the HANS with a stock seat belt will be of no added benefit.
Congrats on the HANS purchase though. Very wise investment!

AMPowerJ said:
Something like this can be used with 3-point belts:

http://simpsonraceproducts.com/hybrid/fia-hybrid-also-3-point-belt-compatible/

That is what they used for the GT350 track tour, and what I am planning on buying since I can get into any car and use it regardless of harness type. Plus it should be cheaper to ship when you need to re certify.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
WinterSucks said:
That is what they used for the GT350 track tour, and what I am planning on buying since I can get into any car and use it regardless of harness type. Plus it should be cheaper to ship when you need to re certify.

Also good for taking ride-alongs in other cars...

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel