The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Has Everyone Been Checking The ....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

... strut to spindle mounting bolt torque? If so has anyone found them to be loose? I don't know if the new fine thread bolts have made this a non-issue now but still might be a good idea to check if tracking the car.

I check them before every track day when swapping rotors and pads. I also check my front LCA bolts. I had the one on the driver's side back about halfway out on my GT500 :eek: Fortunately I caught it while swapping rotors and pads. We torqued it down and next time I checked before the next track event, it had backed out again! I swapped to new bolts and it never happened again. I check them every time though now. Freaked me out. Fortunately it's a very long bolt and would have to back out a looong way to let completely let go.

2012YellowBoss said:
Being lazy - what are the torque numbers on the LCA's. I have not checked them yet but will before this weekend.
I just do a visual inspection. They come with loctite on the bolts, so if you torque them and move them, you'll loosen the loctite. That said, it's 129 ft/lbs..

TMO Supporting Vendors