The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Heavy Load 2nd or 5th Gear Lockout? Try These Mods (picsc)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Found this for Lockout: CHE Performance K Member Brace with Engine Torque Limiters (cheperformance.com)
Image_zps4daff598.jpg [/URL][/img]

Also, for good measure also had a Griggs Racing Torque Arm Kit for the rear end. Plants the rear end and eliminates wheel hop. Awesome for Road Racing or Drag Racing. Check out the TA Performance Rear End Girdle.
Testing and tuning coming this week.

Image1_zps1708c1f5.jpg [/URL][/img]

Justin said:
I don't think that would clear my ARH long tube headers

Do you have pics of the torque arm with exhaust in place?

You would have to call Chuck at http://www.cheperformance.com/prod-208.htm. Some LT's will work.

Exhaust in place pics will be added later.

Yes. But now I have seen quite a few people bring up rumors of the bell housing breaking where the limiters mount. Have you any worry about this? I didn't plan on changing motor mounts as many have suggested.

max5ive0 said:
Yes. But now I have seen quite a few people bring up rumors of the bell housing breaking where the limiters mount. Have you any worry about this? I didn't plan on changing motor mounts as many have suggested.

Nope. Lots of rumors out there.

Give Chuck a call at CHE and ask him. Straight shooter and knows Stangs.

I haven't received it yet but it is on the way, and I don't find the available instructions very clear. Did this bolt right up, or did you have to cut something? Thanks

max5ive0 said:
I haven't received it yet but it is on the way, and I don't find the available instructions very clear. Did this bolt right up, or did you have to cut something? Thanks

Here's answer from my installer: For my 2013; I assume yours will be the same. After he responded I told him yours is a '12; I'll post back if there is another issue.

" You have to cut and drill out 2 of the studs on the stock mounting for the stock K member brace on the K member. Cutting wheel and a Drill will work."

TMO Supporting Vendors