The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Help finding brake booster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I got my 2006 GT out to the track yesterday for the first time since getting a cage installed. Unfortunately my brake booster died within the first three laps of the day! (I managed to salvage something out of the day by bumming a drive behind the wheel of a ZR1 and a well-modded C6 for a couple of sessions.)

It seems that there are no OEM or aftermarket units readily available (parts.ford.com won't even display the part!). Given that I've installed the Essex BBK, maybe it's time to try a GT500 booster instead? Not that they're any more readily available, but if I have to wait for parts…

Anyone aware of anyone with any brake booster (OEM, aftermarket, or GT500) in stock?

TMO Supporting Vendors