The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hood decal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Race Red 2012. The black vinyl hood decal has been bugging me since day one. It always shows swirl marks and the other day I had a bird dropping that left a mark on the decal an it was only on the hood for a minute it took me to get a cloth and some z8. My son in law is the head painter at a high end body shop so I had him that the decal off And paint the the hood with the same graphic plus three coats of clear. Now it's looking sweet! Switch over to Zanio products and the results is great! Two coats of Z5 with Z6 in between then two coats of Z2 with Z8 in between.

Mike

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
picture please. I am in the same boat the decal sucks and is swirled up like crazy. I have it lined up to be painted on but I am thinking about changing it around to something like below. I have a white boss

484057_455635547802355_293610208_n.jpg

When mine gets nasty, I'm going to have the whole power bulge blacked out. I don't really like how the decal is only part of the bulge.

TMO Supporting Vendors