The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I need an ABS solution! (FP350S or BOSS S/R) to work with MOTEC ecu.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi Guys,

I NEED a solution. Swaping oem ecu to MOTEC. So EPAS should be ok with the @cortexracing unit, but I dont know what to do for ABS. Looks like the OEM unit need can bus feed. I bought the FP350S ABS unit but looks like we'll run into the same issue. We would either need to either find a way for motec to talk the the ABS module, or to find a standalone system that does not require canbus (I know about BMW units, but I already have the FP350S module).

I cannot install a Motorsport ABS system as per the regulations.

The FP350S connector is not the same as the OEM unit so I had to find one and modify it a little to make it work.

ABS unit.jpg

Connector.jpg

What CAN signals does the FP350S unit need from other modules? Are you using the Motec plug and play kit for the S550 Coyote, or totally re-wiring the car? What are you using for data recorder/dash? You need an 11-14 mustang abs connector for the FP abs Module.

What CAN signals does the FP350S unit need from other modules? Are you using the Motec plug and play kit for the S550 Coyote, or totally re-wiring the car? What are you using for data recorder/dash? You need an 11-14 mustang abs connector for the FP abs Module.
Would love to know which signals, but I dont.

No using the m142 with custom wiring. It’s an ecoboost.

AIM MXL logging dash.

shiznit are you serious?! if only I would have known for the connector!

I would be surprised if the FP350s didn't work by itself- but i don't have any first hand experience, it is on my list of to do projects to try. The OEM S550 system has so much else going on with hill start, line lock, stability control, TC, etc that yes it has to talk back and forth with the PCM and other modules.

I would upgrade to a newer AIM dash that has 2 CANbuses and does CAN outputs to be able to read the data from the ABS and Motec. Having the ABS fail flag for a warning is very important to me.

I don't know if it will help, but Ford has the FP350S wiring diagrams published at the below link. Perhaps that will help you trace what signal feeds are going to the FP350S brake system.
See 'Downloads' on the right, then select 'Wiring Manuals'.
You may also want to reach out to [email protected] if you need more guidance, since they'd have first-party knowledge about the system.

I would be surprised if the FP350s didn't work by itself- but i don't have any first hand experience, it is on my list of to do projects to try. The OEM S550 system has so much else going on with hill start, line lock, stability control, TC, etc that yes it has to talk back and forth with the PCM and other modules.

I would upgrade to a newer AIM dash that has 2 CANbuses and does CAN outputs to be able to read the data from the ABS and Motec. Having the ABS fail flag for a warning is very important to me.
Makes sense but I’m really not that confident. Would be weird that no one would have used this unit as a standalone. i’ll try to test it vy powering it outside the car and see if it turns on.

I don't know if it will help, but Ford has the FP350S wiring diagrams published at the below link. Perhaps that will help you trace what signal feeds are going to the FP350S brake system.
See 'Downloads' on the right, then select 'Wiring Manuals'.
You may also want to reach out to [email protected] if you need more guidance, since they'd have first-party knowledge about the system.
Thanks a lot, that’s amazing knowledge I will look into it and let you know.

Makes sense but I’m really not that confident. Would be weird that no one would have used this unit as a standalone. i’ll try to test it vy powering it outside the car and see if it turns on.
Not many "full-on" racecars built from S550s that I've seen would be one reason why. Also not as easy as saying un-plug/replace/remove/use x-y-z part and go have fun.

TMO Supporting Vendors